9.24.2015

SUMMER DAYS & SUMMER NIGHTS: TWELVE (MORE!) LOVE STORIES

See a bigger version here.
Maybe it's the long, lazy days, or maybe it's the heat making everyone a little bit crazy. Whatever the reason, summer is the perfect time for love to bloom.
Summer Days & Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories, written by twelve bestselling young adult writers and edited by the international bestselling Stephanie Perkins, will have you dreaming of sunset strolls by the lake. So set out your beach chair and grab your sunglasses. You have twelve reasons this summer to soak up the sun and fall in love.

Oh, my! Isn't it wonderful?

I'm so, so happy to be able to share with you the cover and description of Summer Days & Summer Nights, which will be released next summer on June 14, 2016.

Our in-house editor—the extraordinary Sara Goodman—and I wanted a cover that complemented our beautiful first anthology, My True Love Gave to Me, and, once again, designer Olga Grlic and illustrator Jim Tierney did a fantastic job.


I love the colors and sun and bluebirds and text! The characters—the playfulness in their figures, the sense of humor! It looks like the best day of summer vacation EVER.

(Side note: If you haven't visited Jim's website, you should. I'm a fan. He also did the interior illustrations for MTLGTM, and he'll be doing them again for SD&SN!)

This cover . . . I can't stop smiling. My heart is bursting with joy. I've been working hard (SO HARD) with these incredible authors since last spring, and it feels so warm and good to see all of our work together. As one.

To Leigh, Francesca, Libba, Cassie, Brandy, Tim, Lev, Nina, Veronica, Jon, and Jen: THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU AND ADMIRE YOU ALL SO MUCH. MAN OH MAN. YOU GUYS. YOU GUYS ARE SUPERHEROES.

I mean, holy freaking authors, right?? And every single one of them has been a pleasure to work with! Not only are they brilliant and talented, but they're SO MUCH FUN and have such enormous hearts. I can't wait until you can read what they've written for you. Their stories are just as marvelous and swoony and funny and surprising and delightful as they are.

Look . . . look at these little guys! All of these characters that I know and love!

Like MTLGTMall twelve couples from the stories are on the cover.

THEY'RE SO ADORABLE I CAN HARDLY TAKE IT!!!

All twelve stories are original and feature all-new characters . . . with the exception of my own. For now, I'll let the other authors (if they choose!) share with you which of these characters are theirs and what their stories are about. 

My characters are the ones using the tire swing. Their names are Marigold Moon Ling and North Drummond, and if you read My True Love Gave to Me, you've already met them in a Christmas tree lot in "It's a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown."

North & Marigold fan art by Giovana Medeiros

I loved writing their holiday story, but I knew their journey wasn't quite over. It was a joy getting to revisit them half a year later! Thank you to every single reader who asked me for MORE. I was listening. :-)

Thanks again to Sara and Olga and everyone at St. Martin's, Jim, my agent Kate, and the super-supportive authors—Holly, Ally, Matt, Gayle, Jenny, David, Kelly, Myra, Rainbow, Laini, and Kiersten—of my first anthology. Thank you for letting me do this.

And one more thanks to my summer authors: Thank you for trusting me. You guys brought it. I am so freaking proud of this collection!

Our book will be released on June 14, 2016, and it's available for pre-order now:

Indiebound — order from your local independent bookseller

This anthology will make you feel sunny inside. I can't wait for you to read it!

19 comments:

  1. OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GIF VERSION OF THIS COVER

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is going to be so GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so, so glad to have North & Marigold back. They just make my heart all full. Please picture hearts around me right now. But more than that. I'm glad that all the characters make YOU happy. <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO MUCH JOY AND HAPPINESS. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:25 AM GMT-5

    Looks good :) Any update on the horror novel?

    ReplyDelete
  6. it´s impresionant, the cover is beutifull, and the writers are amazing!!!!! I can not wait!!! ♥♥♥3

    ReplyDelete
  7. MARIGOLD AND NORTH!! I can't wait!!
    When's the UK version releasing? I live in India and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen (since the first anthology). Great job Jim! Can't wait to read this, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dost thou wanna wiseabove, my just and fair liege?

    But, seriously, folks, as I stand-up
    here on this Great Stage of our lifelong demise
    (only 66ish feet across and 1-outta-1 croaks),
    what's the MOST important objective in your
    finite existence, dear? I certainly know what mine is:

    Hope2God this provides some knowledge
    on your everlasting, spiritual journey;
    I may see you again Upstairs... maybe not...
    depending on how well WE mortals have fulfilled
    our voyage to the Great Beyond by 1) loving God
    and 2) loving our neighbor to the best of our ability.

    Why else does a moth fly FROM the night
    than to a bold, attractive candle Light??
    Don’t let His extravagant Brilliance be extinguished.
    You’re creative, yes?
    Then, fly-away with U.S. to the antidote…

    Whether you obtain morality4mortality to wiseabove
    or just glean tantalizing specimens for thy next best seller,
    you shall find in our blogs a lotta (subliminal) moxie
    which has taken this sinfull mortal yeeeeers to compile!
    I lay it ALL out for you, dear, with All-Star-Oxygems:

    Wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
    of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
    An XtraXcitinXpose with no zooillogical-expiration-date?
    An IQ much higher than K2 all-go-rhythm?
    An extraordinarily, anti-establishment-victory
    with both sardonic, satirical wit Who’s savvy
    and avant-guarde-humility??
    Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
    (with a most-excellent-detector of bull§ht):

    “Faith, hope, and love,
    the greatest of these is love –
    jump into faith…
    and you’ll VitSee with love”
    Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
    God believes in you.

    Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
    from a super-passionate, lucrative iconoclasm where you’ll find
    nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX…
    of deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

    Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big-Zaftig-House.

    PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
    -our Lord Jesus to Saint Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dost thou wanna wiseabove, my just and fair liege?

    But, seriously, folks, as I stand-up
    here on this Great Stage of our lifelong demise
    (only 66ish feet across and 1-outta-1 croaks),
    what's the MOST important objective in your
    finite existence, dear? I certainly know what mine is:

    Hope2God this provides some knowledge
    on your everlasting, spiritual journey;
    I may see you again Upstairs... maybe not...
    depending on how well WE mortals have fulfilled
    our voyage to the Great Beyond by 1) loving God
    and 2) loving our neighbor to the best of our ability.

    Why else does a moth fly FROM the night
    than to a bold, attractive candle Light??
    Don’t let His extravagant Brilliance be extinguished.
    You’re creative, yes?
    Then, fly-away with U.S. to the antidote…

    Whether you obtain morality4mortality to wiseabove
    or just glean tantalizing specimens for thy next best seller,
    you shall find in our blogs a lotta (subliminal) moxie
    which has taken this sinfull mortal yeeeeers to compile!
    I lay it ALL out for you, dear, with All-Star-Oxygems:

    Wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
    of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
    An XtraXcitinXpose with no zooillogical-expiration-date?
    An IQ much higher than K2 all-go-rhythm?
    An extraordinarily, anti-establishment-victory
    with both sardonic, satirical wit Who’s savvy
    and avant-guarde-humility??
    Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
    (with a most-excellent-detector of bull§ht):

    “Faith, hope, and love,
    the greatest of these is love –
    jump into faith…
    and you’ll VitSee with love”
    Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
    God believes in you.

    Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
    from a super-passionate, lucrative iconoclasm where you’ll find
    nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX…
    of deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

    Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big-Zaftig-House.

    PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
    -our Lord Jesus to Saint Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely cover! I can't wait to read the book! :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://bnrsoft.blogspot.in/2015/10/website-designing.html
    www.bnrsoft.com
    https://www.google.com/business
    website designing pls see all

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you all go on a book tour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man! I'm so excited.

    I hope there's going to be fall and spring ones too. But I also kind of want to know if St. Martin's would ever consider putting an unpublished author in one of these because I have a great fall romance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh! I'm so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks to Dr.AGBAZARA for hearing and responding to my work for my marriage to be restored and perfected by His great power. I await His perfect timing to reveal His great works. I have been told to Expect my Joy` and I do! today my Husband came back to me with the power of Dr.AGBAZARA SPELL TEMPLE. Here is he`s email address if you are having problems in your relationship or marriage: agbazara@gmail.com OR call +2348104102662


    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one of the most astonishing venues that I've attended for my numerous experiences. This place is spot on with the decorations. The overall experience at event venues Chicago was amazing! Had a fun and comfortable time here.

    ReplyDelete