Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



8.07.2014

RELEASE DAY CELEBRATION (WITH A FEW QUICK STOPS ON THE SHAME TRAIN)


Oh, man. The shame train. It has arrived.

I get SO embarrassed having to talk about myself and my books and my events and my this and my that. It always feels . . . braggy. And awkward. But with Isla and the Happily Ever After releasing in one week (EEP!), it's my full-time job right now.

Me talking about me. And my books. And why you should buy them.

*hides underneath desk*

*eats cookie*

*eats another cookie*

*eats twelve more shame cookies*

The good news is that everyone is being very kind about it! Thank you for not unfollowing me on Twitter. Seriously. I swear I'll be back to talking about my cat soon. (Oh, who am I kidding? I have never stopped talking about my cat.)


But soon I'll also have time to see Guardians of the Galaxy, which everyone seems to adore, and season four of The Killing (LINDEN AND HOLDER OMGGGGG), and we can talk about those things instead! I can't wait!!!

In the meantime, my incredible publicist Lauren has been working her butt off, and she's put together a mighty fine tour for me this autumn. I'll be visiting so many of your cities! I'll announce these dates/stops within the next week, but today . . . 

There is only *ONE EVENT* that matters:

RELEASE DAY CELEBRATION!
My hometown bookstore!
Malaprop's Bookstore & Café!
Asheville, North Carolina!
Thursday, August 14th!
7:00 p.m.!

I'll be reading and chatting and answering questions and signing books, and I really hope that those of you who live in the area will be able to make it.

Malaprop's has always been my biggest supporter. I am so grateful for their knowledgeable, enthusiastic, freaking awesome booksellers. They've DOMINATED the Isla pre-order campaign. (This one! There's still time to pre-order! Signed book! Free buttons! Free stickers! Open internationally!)

I can't wait to thank them in person. 

I can't wait to thank YOU in person.

Thanks for being so patient for this book . . . and for being so patient while I have to promote it. We're almost there, guys. I promise.

11 comments:

  1. I am so, so, so proud of you. I can't wait for it to be out in the world even if that is one of the scariest feelings ever. Now please come to Phoenix so I can thank you in person. Or stop you on the corner in Charleston like I did last year. But thank you. For always being honest with us and being yourself. Thank you Steph. Also? Your new profile photo? AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:22 AM GMT-5

    I'm so happy that Isla is almost out and that you have not one, but two, stops in the Bay Area. I hope to make it to both. I'm definitely going to the one in SF. Can't wait to see your adorable, smiling face soon! :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute, I can't stand it! I also can't wait for this book. I read that teaser and regretted it immediately because I nededed the rest immediately and I was so sad. I hope you have a blast on your tour, and stop
    Eating so many cookies!! You're going to get a belly ache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you for finishing! I love Anna and Lola and I'm so excited for Isla!

    If I hadn't moved from NC to NY last month, I'd try to come! Can't wait for my order to come from Quail Ridge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be there Thursday! I can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bookstore is already selling ISLA and I am so excited I visited last night. Gobbled it up and read it ASAP (darn that workday for delaying my pleasure.)

    This book was FABULOUS. Such a gut-wrencher and so ultimately perfect in every way. I won't say more since obviously not everyone has had the opportunity to pick it up, but I cannot wait until they do!

    Congratulations, and thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited to read Isla's story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:13 AM GMT-5

    So excited to read Isla's story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished reading Isla and THEA... And all I can say is thank you. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am literally writing this as tears are obscuring my vision. Tears of happiness, I assure you.:) I related with Isla sooo much and the conclusions she drew at the end of the book led to me having my own epiphanies, all for the better. And the romance was just...amazing.This book was sheer perfection. I LOVE IT SO MUCH, and I'll probably be obsessing over it for a very, very long time. It's definitely one of my new favourites. I am also definitely a life-long fan.
    Again, THANK YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isla was definitely worth the wait, it was an amazing book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished the book.

    OMG

    I don't have any coherent things to say, because this is just a split second, irrational, have to tell you I finished and that I loved it rant.

    OMG

    Steph! It was so good. I am crying right now. Out of how good it was.

    I need to re-read (in the next few days) and I need to come up with actual things to say other than GAH, and OMG, and SQUEE.

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.