Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



6.03.2014

MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME: A GORGEOUS COVER

See it even bigger here.

I'm so excited and proud to present you with the cover of My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories.

Isn't it lovely?

Our editor Sara Goodman had the idea, Olga Grlic did the design, and Jim Tierney is the phenomenal illustrator. (Jim has done a TON of beautiful book covers. If you visit his website, I'm sure you'll recognize some of them!) Jim was our top choice, and we were all ecstatic when he said yes!

I adore the colors, the handwritten text, the stars and ornaments and trees and snow . . . and those those figures ice skating on the pond? They're the characters from our stories! How wonderful is that?? I love how classic it feels. Like a holiday card received from a beloved friend.

I can't even begin to tell you how often I just open up the file on my computer and STARE AT IT. 

My characters are on the bottom left—red skirt, red plaid shirt. So cute!

My favorite part, though?

Those eleven other names at the top.

I'm so, so, so happy to have all twelve authors on the cover. Those of you who read a lot of anthologies already know how rare this is. I'm grateful that Sara—and everyone at St. Martin's Griffin—recognized this anthology as a project about joy and friendship and love. Every author worked HARD to make this happen (from conception to publication, it'll be less than a year), and it was important to me that every author receive equal billing.

Thank you, St. Martin's.

Thank you, authors.

I mean, guys . . . did you see the authors in this collection? Holly Black! Ally Carter! Matt de la Peña! Gayle Forman! Jenny Han! David Levithan! Kelly Link! Myra McEntire! Rainbow Rowell! Laini Taylor! Kiersten White!

Isn't that nuts??

I can't believe how lucky I was to work with these people. I've learned so much from them, and I'm so freaking proud of their stories. All twelve stories are romantic and smart and funny and breathtaking. Some of them will make you cry. Others will make you laugh out loud. They'll all make you swoon.

I'll let the other authors choose what to share about their stories. But . . . I can tell you a little bit about mine! It's called "It's a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown," and it's about a girl named Marigold, a boy named North, a beautiful Christmas tree lot, and one life-changing night. It's the first story I've written that I've set in my hometown of Asheville, NC. And it was so much fun!

I think you'll like it. I think, I think. :-)

I'm so thankful for these authors for trusting me with their work. And I'm so thankful for Sara Goodman and everyone at St. Martin's for understanding this project . . . exactly.

My True Love Gave to Me will be released on October 14th.

You can mark it to-read here on Goodreads. And here are some places where it's available for pre-order: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.

This anthology is . . . really and truly special. The stories make you feel good inside. I can't wait for you all to read it this holiday season.

14 comments:

  1. It is beautiful!! I can't wait to read it. OCTOBER WHY ARE YOU SO FAR AWAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for this!! Holiday stories are my favourite, and everything about this anthology spells AWESOME. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is wonderful!! It makes me even more excited to read it than I already was! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, SO GORGEOUS. Can't wait to see the look on everyone's face when I give this as a Christmas gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so SO beautiful! And a story set in Asheville!!?? YAY! Can't wait for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO excited about this. I mean, I already was, let's be real. But that cover? Hearts in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO beautiful!!! I am so excited about this, Stephanie. I'm not much of a fan of winter, so it will be nice to have this book to look forward to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crazy lovely, and all my favorite things: Christmas, romance, and wonderful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many awesome authors inside one book! YAAAAAY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW DID I MISS THIS COVER REVEAL, STEPHANIE?!?! LOVE TO TO POWER OF THE SQUARE ROOT OF MISTLETOE! (I'm not great at maths, but I think that's right.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love Christmas and therefore adore holiday stories. I'm so glad I now know this exists. So excited to read it (and there are several authors in this that I already enjoy reading).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the cover sooo beautiful and attractive, all great authors in one book, I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love love your story. I only have a few stories left to read, but I will definitely be buying this book as soon as I finish reading the ARC. It's perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post is really informative to all kind of people. I am very happy to see the post. I will request you to give more information about this. I have gotten many knowladable speech form here. I have also website where you can get some knowledge which may be for your welfare. Visit here…..
    true love

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.