7.10.2013

The LOLA Playlist



It's here! It's here!

At long last, the official Lola and the Boy Next Door playlist has arrived. To view the tracklisting, go here. To view the tracklisting along with an explanation of why I selected each track (warning: book spoilers), go here.

And to listen to it . . . go here!

The playlist features two songs by one of my favorite musicians in the entire world, Jónsi (pictured above), a song by my VERY favorite musician in the entire world (Thom Yorke, as you longtime readers already know!), and twelve additional songs by musicians whom I also like a great deal.

And if you missed the @PenguinTeen chat last night, you can find me discussing Anna, Lola, Isla, and all manners of other queries by searching Twitter for the hashtag #LOLA. I answered your questions with Penguin Teen for an hour, took a break, and then answered ALL OF THE REST OF THE QUESTIONS until 6:30 a.m. So I think/hope there's some good stuff in there.

My favorite moment of the evening was when I was asked which of my characters would be in which Hogwarts houses. I loved this question, because OF COURSE I already knew the answer. Ha!

If you're curious:

GRYFFINDOR
Anna (she becomes brave like Neville)
Étienne
Lola

HUFFLEPUFF
Cricket (sweet and such a hard worker)
My husband Jarrod!

RAVENCLAW
Isla
Josh
Me!

To find out more about my books, writing habits, favorite Girl Scout cookies, etc., please scroll down through the #LOLA feed.

And I sincerely hope you enjoy the playlist!

8 comments:

  1. You have awesome taste in music. And I love your writing. I've been waiting for Lola's playlist since the book came out. Thanks, Steph! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Josh is in Ravenclaw? I guess we'll have an inter-house romance. Or maybe Josh and Ronald can duke it our for my affections. *pretends*

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAY! At long last! Been waiting forever for this. Thank you! I love you so much, your books and your pretty hair, it's awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of half of the songs on the playlist, but that's probably due to the fact that my music taste isn't all that expansive. I loved the Hogwarts house thingy, although I was a little disappointed due to the lack of Slytherin. Which, of course, is my house. ;)
    Can't wait for Isla though, and I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you put them into houses. Particularly as a hufflepuff myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love Jónsi, and the fact that you do too makes me like you even more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH YOU LIKE JONSI!!! I'm freaking out. Because he's my favorite singer in the whole world, and I feel like nobody knows about him, but and AUTHOR I LIKE knows about him. *hyperventilates* the playlist is perf! Also, I saw you post about depression, (there's another thing I can relate to you with), and I just want to say that it was brave of you to post that. And of course your fans are going to worry about you! Especially those who suffer with it so bad we have to take the medication route (which is whole other pain...). I am also an aspiring writer. Luckily, my novel is already written. I finished it in the beginning of this year, and I'm so happy with it. Like Laini Taylor (another fave writer/author), I have dreampt of becoming a published author since I was a little girl. I remember me writing stories and creating covers for my book with old photographs saved on my computer, and I remember laminating every printed page, and reading over it, just for the thrill of seeing the words that I had come up with in a bookish-state. I fantasized a lot. I STILL fantasize, about Goodread's ratings, book-clubs, signings, readings, awards, movie-adaptions, the whole shi-bang. I even daydream about the haters who will go as far as to buy my book just to burn it (you can tell I've thought up ever scenario). But even so, I am proud of what I write, and I KNOW my dream will come true and I will be a writer. Anyway, I just came on here to squeal that you're not alone on Jonsi-lovin', and that I think you're awesome, and I simply can't WAIT to read Isla and the Happily Ever After. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure regarding this official lola that they might perhaps need to look forward to anticipate those words which usually seemed to be enough appreciated all the way. essay heaven services

    ReplyDelete