Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



6.18.2013

TWO EVENTS: Asheville & Portland



I feel like I have tons to tell you, but I'm supposed to be WORKING, so I'll keep this to the pressing business and come back for the rest (i.e., the fun stuff) later . . .


EVENT NUMBER ONE:

Nova Ren Suma, Beth Revis, and I will be chatting and signing books and such at Malaprop's in Asheville, NC this coming Monday, June 24th, at 7:00 p.m.

I'm preeeeeeetty sure they'll have early copies of Lola and the Boy Next Door in paperback, which doesn't officially release until next month. And they'll definitely have Anna's new paperback. This will probably be my last local event this year, so I hope you'll stop by and say hello!

Beth is the author of the NYT bestselling Across the Universe trilogy, and Nova is the author of Dani Noir (reissued as Fade Out), Imaginary Girls, and 17 & Gone. Those last two, FYI, were edited by Julie Strauss-Gabel. Who is my editor! And John Green's editor, and Gayle Forman's editor, and Ally Condie's editor, and and and.

I mention this because I know there are a LOT of readers out there who will pick up a book simply because they know that Julie edited it. (Always a smart move, by the way.) So . . . if you aren't familiar with Nova's work, check her out!

Can’t make it? Call Malaprop’s to order signed copies of any of our books. Their number is (828) 254-6734, and they are super duper duper friendly.




EVENT NUMBER TWO:

It's that time of year again! 

LEAKYCON!!!

This will be my fourth (out of four!) LeakyCon and my billionth Harry Potter conference in general. Yep. You could say I'm a fan. ;-)

If you'd like to join me (red), my superagent Kate Schafer Testerman (purple), and superauthor Laini Taylor (pink), all three of us will be back this year, along with—of course—TONS of other amazing authors and guests. Look for us on the Lit Track panels in Portland, OR from June 27–30.

I'm sorry this post is so businessy. Back soon!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, those events can't get much farther apart than that! Hope they are both great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at LeakyCon with my brother last year and we're both super disappointed that we won't get to come and see y'all again. It was such a joy! Unfortunately work has gotten in the way for the both of us. Maybe next year, though! *fingers crossed*
    Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. I'm sorry that you won't be there this year, but I'm so happy you've experienced the joy of LeakyCon. I love its positive atmosphere. Hope you can make it next year, too!

      Delete
  3. Oh oh oh, I just REALLY want to go to LeakyCon and hang out with you and Laini and all the other magic-for-brains people! But I'll be at ALA, which might be magical in its own way. Say, Librarians are rather smart. Maybe they've invented a teleporter? Or, ooh, floo powder might be available at LeakyCon, and then you can come and get me. I'll ask for hotel room with a fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I haven't told you lately, I love you. This comment. THIS COMMENT. <3

      Delete
  4. So cool! I can't make it, but Just ordered a signed copy of Lola. The woman at Malatrop's WAS super friendly. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear this! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Steph! I hope the Malaprops event and LeakyCon went well! Wish I'd been able to visit you in Asheville, though summer classes would've gotten in the way anyway. *But* since we both live in North Carolina, mayhap I'll see you in the future. :) Would love to see you in Chapel Hill!

    Also, I've heard of LeakyCon before but I had no idea it started out as a Harry Potter event! Totally (internally) geeked out when I did a search! This is definitely going onto my Life Bucket List.

    Have a wonderful week! <3

    ~Wendy Lu

    The Red Angel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! So sad to see that I missed you going to Asheville. I would have made the drive! I was very inspired by Anna and also loved Lola. These books have inspired me. Love that you write smart girls.

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.