Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



1.24.2013

Would you like to read a deleted chapter of ANNA?



What's that? Does John Green, current holder of FOUR (!) spots on the New York Times bestseller list, like Anna and the French Kiss?

Why YES. Yes he DOES.

This is a shameless post* asking for your help to spread the word about a very special and important sale.

*Not true. It's bursting at the seams with shame. Did you see the picture I used?!

This is also a post to say: HOLYBALLS CONGRATULATIONS, JOHN! He's been my favorite author for years, so it's mighty satisfying to see the rest of the world falling in love with him, too. John—and his novels—are intelligent, kind, and hilarious. I'm so happy for their success.

Also, Margo Roth Spiegelman is the jam.

"But Steph," I hope you're saying, "what about that deleted chapter of Anna you mentioned in this post's subject heading?"

Thanks for asking! I'll get to that . . . in a moment.

First, an announcement:

This Sunday—the twenty-seventh of January—Anna and the French Kiss will be available wherever ebooks are sold for only $2.99.

$2.99!

I'm THRILLED that Penguin Teen has selected it for this one-day-only sale. It's an amazing opportunity to reach an entirely new set of readers, and I am really, really hoping that's what will happen. I'm grateful for all of the love—so much, and so completely beyond unexpected—that book bloggers, librarians, teachers, booksellers, and the like (i.e. you!) have given Anna and Étienne. And I'm here to ask for your support one more time.

And then give you a present.

Please help me spread the word about Sunday's sale. If you have a friend or family member who might like my book, let them know. Tweet, tumble, blog, email, call, text, instafacebook—whatever medium you use to connect with the world, please help me spread the word.

This Sunday.
One day only.

Anna and the French Kiss.
Ebook.
$2.99.

It will be available at that price everywhere that ebooks are sold, including:


"But Steph," I hope you're still wondering, "what about that deleted chapter of Anna?!"

I'm glad you asked again! Thank you. For your support, I will post a NEVER-BEFORE SEEN deleted chapter of Anna and the French Kiss.

Yes. An ENTIRE CHAPTER.

One with TONS of flirting.

One with ALL YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS and LOTS OF FUNNY LINES.

It was the last major section that my editor and I cut from the novel. I've been saving it for a special occasion, and I can't think of anything more special than this. I'll post the chapter here on my website sometime next week (because I'll have to format it and stuff, which takes time), along with an explanation of why we cut it.

It truly is a fun scene, you guys. I promise.

So please help me spread the word!

This Sunday.
One day only.

Anna and the French Kiss.
Ebook.
$2.99.
(Cheaper than a Big Mac.)

Link to this post, reblog this Tumblr, whatever you can do.

And if you're feeling extra-super-duper generous and have a spare moment, leaving a review on Amazon or Barnes & Noble or such would also be enormously helpful. The reason is simple: the more reviews a book has, the more likely it is to show up in searches. (For more free ways to support an author, check out Lisa Schroeder's wonderful post: "Supporting authors when your heart is bigger than your wallet.")

Thank you for your help, dear readers.

THANK YOU.

52 comments:

  1. This is the best news ever. I'm SO EXCITED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We posted the sale on the Fictionators today. Hope a million people buy this book and fall in love with Etienne like I have (though you gave Étienne to me and no one else can have him). ♥

      Delete
  2. So excited!! Just tweeted about it, and will try to remember to tweet on Sunday as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It better have Josh in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So excited! I can't get enough of Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome book. Happy to spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! I first read Anna thanks to a rec from Donna, and I've been raving about it and Paris ever since! http://palakakkua.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/a-very-special-e-book-sale/

      Delete
    2. Donna: It's always lovely to find you here in my comments! Thank you!

      Tuuli: You are the sweetest! Thank you!

      Delete
  7. One of my favorite YA romances - I can't wait to see the cut chapter! I bought a hardback when it first came out. My daughter loved it too. I RTed your announcement and will tweet the ebook sale on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you. *HUG*

      Delete
  8. More Anna and Etienne? Yes, please! Looking forward to it. . .and getting ready to post an amazon review =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means so much to me. THANK YOU. :-)

      Delete
  9. More Anna and Étienne?! Awesome! Count me in - I'll post the news on my blog, and eagerly await this new chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Posted on twitter. FB. Blog. Goodreads. Tumblr. My book club. And I texted my phone contact list!!! I love this book that much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it only kindle? I thought it was the book really. :( But it's fine.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not only for Kindle devices, but it IS only the ebook version going on sale. But Kindle (Amazon) and Nook (B&N) both have free apps that allow you to read ebooks on your computer—no special device necessary!

      Delete
    2. That was what I meant. Ok, I'll buy the ebook version!
      I really want to read this chapter, Steph! You made me want to go to Paris like a lot with this book. It's the best romance that I've ever read; their love is unique. I want it for my life haha
      And one more thing, I LOVE your hair! xxx

      Delete
  12. i just freaked out so much, omg, I NEED THIS NEW CHAPTER! I'm from Brazil and i hope you know that this is one of my favorite books EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG. I CAN'T BREATH! I CAN'T!
    DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MADLY IN LOVE I HAVE BEEN WITH THAT BOOK? TO THE POINT WHERE I'M HOLDING IT IN MY PROFILE PICTURE ON FACEBOOK. AAAH, DELETED CHAPTER=HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:14 AM GMT-5

      OH DEAR LORD IM HAVING CHEST PAINS

      Delete
  14. Anna is one of my all time favorite books! This is awesome news! I'll definitely help spread the word. Hope all is well in your world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great sale! Santa brought me a Kindle Fire for Christmas :) Anna is one of my favorite YA novels. I can't wait to add it to my ebook library. Looking forward to extra Etienne/Anna goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO SO SO PSYCHED! so psyched that I blogged about it as soon as I saw it. http://just-sitting-thar.blogspot.com/2013/01/holysweetfreakingjesus-never-before.html
    and John Green, ah, I love him <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG SO EXCITED I just love this book c':

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhhh this is so exciting :) I want to buy a gazillion copies and distribute those to people because Anna and the French Kiss is THAT awesome.

    And and will you ever, maybe post a chapter from Lola?? Please pretty please

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anna still makes me laugh out loud every time I reread it, and I have since bought copies for friends and family, because it really is one of the most wonderful YA romance books I have ever read.

    I've shared the news about the special sale, with very strong language about how everyone must buy it and read it post haste, and I'm really excited to see what the deleted chapter might contain!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous7:18 AM GMT-5

    Recommended this book by a friend, borrowed it from a library, read it and could not put it down. I am definitely buying it tomorrow. I actually came here to find more books after reading this one, but almost died after seeing the new chapter post. I absolutely cannot wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE THIS BOOK! I recommend it to everyone I know! Your stories are inspiring and swoon worthy! Plus, I'm an Anna too. :) Just another one of the AMAZING features of your book! This book makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside every time I read it. Can't wait to read the deleted chapter! And for Isla to come out eventually!! Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So exciting! Anna and the French Kiss was the very first book I downloaded for my Kindle back when I got it and John had just recommended it on youtube :) Can't wait for the extra chapter

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous1:50 AM GMT-5

    I was so excited that I stayed up untill midnight waiting for the $2.99 book but and it isn't $2.99 :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not $2.99 on iBookstore either. Maybe later. *crosses fingers*

      Delete
  24. So excited! I posted on twitter and Facebook. I hope Anna finds some new readers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just to let you know, the sale only is apparently appearing on IBooks and Nook only!!!!! In Amazon, Kobo, PenguinEbooks and Barnes and Noble it is appearing at the regular price!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How can you access the free deleted chapter? Thanks - sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous2:58 PM GMT-5

    WHAT?
    I feel horrible because I don't have a credit card and this is (figuratively, in a fan girly manner) killing me!
    Is there ANY other way I can get this apart from ordering this online? I've read this book 6 times (not kidding), it means a lot to me and I'm a Nerdfighter. Argh.
    I don't know what else to do, so, if anyone can...email me? I'm purpleapple200@yahoo.com
    I feel awful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how you respond to ever post. You're so connected with your fans!! You deserve all the support you get, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think the promotion worked. I was introduced to your work this past Sunday after I bought Anna and the French Kiss (I saw John Green and Sarah Dessen posting about it). You are an amazing writer. I just finished reading Lola and the Boy Next Door and cannot wait for your 3rd novel.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my goodness! More Anna and Etienne?! OMG OMG OMG I'm so thrilled. Is it out already?? I LOVE YOU, STEPH PERKINS!!! You're my fave author. You're the best! Hihi ♥

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anna and the French Kiss changed my life by inspiring me to apply to be an exchange student. Now, I'm living in Germany and having my own adventures and when I packed my one suitcase that had to last a year I left behind my snow jacket to make room for Anna and the French Kiss. No regrets! I owe so much to your beautiful book.

    ReplyDelete
  32. STEPHANIE PERKINS I LOVE YOU. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING SUCH AN AMAYYYZING BOOK. LIKE NO JOKE AT ALL!!! WHEN'S THE CHAPTER COMING OUT?!!?!??! I'M SO EXCITED YAYAYAYAY PLEASEEEE PUT IT UP SOON! <3 <3 THANK YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.