Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



10.12.2012

Blooper Reel + Autumn Events + HOLA ESPAÑA!



OH, MAN. This will be messy, because I'm doing a hundred things at once.

If you have yet to see the blooper reel that the awesome team at Penguin put together (thanks, Emilie!), and if you're wondering why I rarely appear in recorded form, you should watch the above video. And then you'll understand. The voice you hear patiently (oh so patiently) prompting me in the background is my beloved agent Kate. Bless her.

Nothing scrambles my brain as efficiently as a video camera. They're probably the worst thing in the world. No! Being eaten alive by a wild animal is the worst. Being videotaped is the second worst. War is probably third. And then, like, Brazil nuts.

ANYWAY.

I'll be doing a lot of traveling in the next few weeks. First up, Madrid and Barcelona! The ones in Spain! For real!

Mi maravillosa publisher Plataforma Neo is bringing me over for the publication of Anna's translation, Un beso en París. Which is . . . incredible. If you live in España, I sincerely hope you'll be able to come. I'm excited to meet so many new readers! Here's a poster with all of the necessary info:




Also . . . I might as well apologize now for the extreme level of language-butchering that's headed your way. I took eight years of (Mexican) Spanish classes, and I worship the films of Pedro Almodóvar, but I'm STILL a beginner. Just like Anna. ;-)

After Spain! I will be at the following!


NASHVILLE, TN
Parnassus Books: Sunday, October 28, 2:00 p.m.

"Tricks and Treats from Six Young Adult Authors": Please help Parnassus in welcoming six lively young adult authors to Nashville! Tessa Gratton, Sonia Gensler, Victoria Schwab, Beth Revis, Myra McEntire, and Stephanie Perkins will be joining the Parnassus Books community for a festive tricks and treats themed event.


LAS VEGAS, NV
Vegas Valley Book Festival: Saturday, November 3, 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
Historic Fifth Street School Readers Tent
401 S. Fourth Street

"Who Says There's Not Something for Everyone in Contemporary YA Fiction": Panel with Matt de la Peña, Sara Zarr, Simone Elkeles, Kirsten Hubbard, Abby McDonald, Stephanie Perkins; moderated by Lindsey Leavitt.


CHARLESTON, SC
YallFest: Saturday, November 10 

There will be forty-nine YA authors at this year's YallFest. Shazam! The panels haven't been announced yet, so I'm not sure when mine will be, but the full schedule will be on this page soon. I'm especially eager for Cassandra Clare and Holly Black's keynote about literary friendships. The keynote will require an additional ticket (five bucks, totally do-able), and you can purchase it here. Oh! And I did a quickie interview with the festival here.


OKAY I HAVE TO GO BACK TO WORK NOW BECAUSE DID YOU HEAR I'M LEAVING FOR SPAIN SOON???

Ohmygod. I have somuchtodo before I leave.

19 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm so jealous and excited for you! This must be an author's dream: to get sent to a fabulous, far-flung location for work! Enjoy Madrid and Barcelona.

    By the way, I am EXACTLY the same on camera. This is why my job is always behind the camera. =p And that blooper reel is HI-LARIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Stephanie

    I'm soooo glad that you can come to my country. I live "close" Madrid, but since I have some classes it's impossible for me to go :_( I hope Spanish people treat you very well because you deserve that :) I've already read both Anna and Lola (Thanks Amazon ;))and I'm totally sure Spain will fall in love with them.

    I hope see you another time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you and the Spanish. Eight years of it, and I can ask where the bathroom is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I'll see you in Barcelona! I hope you enjoy our city (and our people), I'm sure you'll have a good time here. I can't wait to meet the writer who created Anna, Étienne, Cricket and Lola.

    And maybe we meet on Tuesday, but I'm not sure yet). Anyway, we're waiting for you :)

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude you are going to Spain!!! YallFest sounds awesome! Have so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wicked time! I'll be here, still pregnant... *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. You come to Madrid!I look forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SLKDFJSLKDFJ. I'm so excited to meet you Stephanie. Finally! In Nashville. <3 It will be an awesome event!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to meet you in Barcelona! I loved Anna and Lola (and I'm sure I'll love Isla as well), so I'm super excited to meet you at last. And maybe even I'll be able to see you on Tuesday. <3

    I hope you have a wonderful flight. We'll be waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Redheadedali10:16 AM GMT-5

    I think "Can we talk about Star Wars?" is going to be my new default method of changing the subject. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the blooper reel! :)

    I've never been to Spain this time of year. When I went, it was summer, and there were fields of sunflowers. My favorite memory is of the storks nesting by church steeples. Somewhere I have pictures. I hope your trip is beautiful.

    And I'm so excited that you're coming to Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! I hope you have a wonderful time! Safe travels! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh. If it's coming out in Spain it'll probably be in Mexico (hopefully) some time soon! which is great because I have lots of friends that can't read in english and I've talked to them so much about this book they had me reading out loud and translating at the same time :/

    And they're giving free AatFK notebooks to the attendees! I wish I lived there ):

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, you are so adorable! After that, who wouldn't want to read your books?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait for Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent & remarkable post! I have been visiting various blogs for my Thesis writing help. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information...S�o Paulo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blooper reel! Could. Not. Stop. Giggling. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. We want an Isla cover before Christmas, pleeease!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sniff Sniff why is there no book convection in Atlanta.. snifff.

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.