Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



7.31.2012

YO, ASHEVILLE!

WARNING: This is one of those lame posts in which I tell you about an upcoming event that most of you will not be able to attend.


This picture was taken in Nashville, not Asheville, but close enough. I was at Third Man Records. I did not see Jack White. (NEXT TIME, JACK, NEXT TIME!)


This Wednesday, August 1st, I'll be hanging out in the teen area of the Pack Memorial Library in my homebase of Asheville, NC at 6:30 p.m. I'll be discussing writing, publishing, my novels, young adult literature, and anything else you'd like to talk about. The event is free and for all ages.

The audience will probably be, like, my husband and a librarian. So if you're interested in monopolizing a large amount of my time, you should totally come! Bring questions! Lots of questions! Lots and lots of questions!


(Author casually inserts video of Jack White wearing tight pinstriped pants.)


Seriously.

*gets down on knees*

Please come to this event and keep me company.

Thank you.

12 comments:

  1. 1. Love that picture.
    2. Jack White is in Australia at the moment. I won't be seeing him either.
    3. If I was in Asheville, I would have all the questions. For example: F****** magnets, how do they work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (1) Thank you. :-)
      (2) Aha! So THAT'S why the lights in his house haven't been on all week.
      (3) I HAVE NO IDEA OMG WTF AM I GOING TO DO????

      Delete
  2. I really wish I could come! It would be so fun to be at a Steph Q and A.

    The picture is very artsy, but the way. I love all of the red.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My husband took the photo. :-)

      Delete
  3. You look amazing in that photo! Love Love Love!
    I really wish I could come tomorrow, it would be so great to see you. However I haven't completely given up on the idea so I might take a spur of the moment mini road trip. :)
    Thank you for the Jack White video, I dig pinstriped pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Jarrod is a good photographer. :-)

      I keep meaning to take a road trip to see YOU. Maybe this fall?

      Delete
  4. I would totally come if I wasn't in Not-Asheville until NEXT MONDAY. :( Have fun, though-- I hope lots of people come! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a bummer! So close.

      The turnout was much better than anticipated. PHEW. :-)

      Delete
  5. I haven't said how much I love your red hair. You look absolutely fantastic, my dear! Wish I could come, to Nashville or Ashevile or wherever (since I can't come anyway, let's make it that lovely English bookshop in Paris), but no: type type, nurse nurse, panic panic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I wish *I* could come to *you*. I really hope to someday. :-)

      Keep typing!!! I need to know what happens next!

      Delete
  6. DAMMIT. If I'd have seen this in time, I would have totally come!

    PS: You have a Marilyn Monroe beauty mark in that picture. I stared at it for a long time before I realized it was just my dirty screen, and then I had to go clean my screen. You look hot with a MM beauty mark, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

      I didn't rock a beauty mark for my event, but I DID rock a big ol' red zit on my nose. Holla!

      Delete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.