Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



6.07.2012

Ray Bradbury, 1920-2012



"Love. Fall in love and stay in love. Write only what you love, and love what your write. The key word is love. You have to get up in the morning and write something you love, something to live for."

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."

"You fail only if you stop writing."

And . . . my favorite interview with the master:




Thank you for changing the world, Ray. Thank you for seeing it.

* * *

The randomly-drawn winner of my Seize the Story giveaway is "Anna (not of And The French Kiss fame)." HA! How awesome. Check your email, Anna!

More giveaways coming soon.

9 comments:

  1. I read the second quote as, "You must stay drunk so writing doesn't destroy you." I'm not sure what that says about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Me, too. He was an original. A brilliant, brilliant original.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for an inspiring post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (also I think I'm possibly part robot, because it takes me forever to get those words right)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, MAN. ME TOO.

      These days, three tries? Four?

      Delete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.