Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



4.26.2012

YA OR BUST! We're coming for you, Seattle!

Nina, Gayle, and moi at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books


Tonight — Thursday, April 26th — is the last night of our YA OR BUST! tour. We've been having a blast, and if you live in the Seattle area, I hope you'll join us:

Roosevelt High School: 7-10 p.m.
1410 NE 66th St.
Seattle, WA 98115
(hosted by University Bookstore)
Gayle Forman!
Nina LaCour!
Stephanie Perkins!

A few quick, unrelated notes:

• I am not attending BEA (nor any of the BEA-related festivities) this year. I was listed on their website by mistake. I'm sorry. I'm bummed about this, too.

"The 21 Absolute Worst Things in the World" Jarrod and I used to find number fourteen in our apartment in Atlanta. I'm far from squeamish, but . . . yiiiiiiiick!

• I MIGHT have purchased a creepy Edward Cullen wedding doll.* And MAYBE I was encouraged by Kiersten White. And it's POSSIBLE we will take pictures with it next week when she visits me in Asheville.

Speaking of . . .

I have one additional superspecial event next week. I'm on a panel with local YA authors Beth Revis and Megan Miranda, PLUS Kiersten White — Her first appearance in the South! — at Malaprop's in Asheville, NC at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, May 1st.

And thank you to everyone who has come out to support Penguin's YA OR BUST! tour. We love you. Seriously, we do. You have been hilarious, kind, and generous audiences. We are so lucky to have readers like you. Rock on.


* No offense to book Edward Cullen, who I find quite dreamy.

22 comments:

  1. Oh, number 14-- they're always in my apartment!!!! What ARE they? (I call them centi-millipede thingies) *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a MUCH belated reply, but yes, aren't they the worst?!? I found one here in North Carolina for the first time EVER just last night. HORRIFYING! I call them by pretty much the exact same thing. No idea what their real name is. Devil insect!

      Delete
  2. Gah! Sometimes things happen other places than where I am and it makes me sad. You guys are so awesome and will have such a great time! Lucky folks who get to go...

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! This is a much, much, much belated reply, but I hope our travels will take us toward you some day. It really did seem unfair that our entire tour was only CA and Seattle! Thank you so much for the well-wishes.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hee hee! A much (MUCH) belated reply, but . . . THANK YOU!

      :-D

      Delete
  4. Where did you get your yellow bag? I have been looking for a new yellow bag with out success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See you at Roosevelt High! I was so excited to see Seattle on your list! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A much, much belated reply, but YAY! I was thrilled to see Seattle on my list, too! We had a blast there. Your city is SO gorgeous — all green and pearl gray. :-)

      Delete
  6. I relate to so many things on that list. Also, that yellow bag? AWESOME.

    Cant wait to see you in Phoenix next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at Target, of all places!

      SEE YOU SOON. :-)

      Delete
    2. Well Target is my heaven so I should have seen that coming. ;)

      Delete
  7. Hi Steph!

    I really wanted to come and see you last night in SD but there was an event at my elementary school that I had to go to...bummer. Hope you got a cupcake from Elizabethan!

    Enjoy Seattle!

    Shelley

    P.S. Saw the creepy Edward groom at Target. Why? Why? Why did they have to make him look so doofy? Cedric Digory would not approve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! Oh, this reply is so belated, but it certainly is WEIRD to remember that Cedric and Edward are one in the same. One is certainly greater than the other. ;-)

      I'm sad that you couldn't make it, but I'll be back in SD this summer for Comic-Con. Maybe I'll see you then?

      ALSO ALSO, I just purchased a copy of one of your books for a three-year-old friend of mine. Yay! I'm always excited to spread the Shelley love.

      Delete
  8. It was so great seeing you ladies in HB! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a much, much belated reply, BUT . . .

      It was so great to see you again, too! See you around for Comic-Con, I hope? :-)

      Delete
  9. The YA OR BUST! tour was one of the best book events I've attended. Hope you ladies make it back to the Bay Area soon!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO belated here, but it was so great to see you again! Thank you for the treats!!!

      Delete
  10. I hope hope hope that I get to see you Tuesday! :)I'm trying to get someone to ride with me so I won't have to drive back by myself, the trip back home always seems longer than the trip there especially at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to come see YOU soon. Miss Ava will be all grown up before I know it! Hee hee.

      Delete
  11. I haven't read this post yet but LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.