Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



12.13.2011

That One Time Mayim Bialik Held My Book



If you want to know what it's like to win at life, it's when your friend Sasha emails you a picture she took of Mayim Bialik holding your book, and you're like "HOLY CRAP, MAYIM BIALIK IS HOLDING MY BOOK."

Not only is Mayim on two of the greatest pop-culture shows of all time — The Big Bang Theory and, of course, Blossom (which I watched religiously as a preteen) — but she has a freaking PhD in neuroscience! Also, she's classy. And adorable as proved by the above picture.

The picture in which she is holding my book.

Thank you, Sasha (and Mayim!), for making my heart feel as if it were made of sunshine and kittens and ice cream sandwiches. :-)

19 comments:

  1. There is so much WIN with this I don't even know where to start!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, that is amazing! Amy Farah Fowler is one of my favorite characters ever.

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. in my opinionation, THIS IS SO AWESOME, I CAN'T STOP JUMPING IN MY CHAIR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Mayim Bialik! Her character on The Big Bang Theory is brilliant. That is so cool she's holding your book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DUDE!!! That's just beyond Cool!!! I was a Bloosom fan and I am a major Big Bang fan to so I totally get it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome! This makes me super happy too...I pimp your books to everyone because they are the most adorable books in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my shizz, I had no idea until just now that she's the same actress in both Blossom and Big Bang!!!!

    And she's INFINITELY more cooler with that book in her hand!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big win, gorgeous win! Love the Mayim--love her the most in TBBT, but fell pretty hard when she was on What Not to Wear. :)
    And love your books! Congratulations on winning such a famous fan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow I'm freaking out FOR YOU!! You WIN at LIFE! ;)

    p.s. we've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy Farah Fowler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have faint memories of Blossom and they all involve denim overalls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, she is so stylish and has her Jew on. Plus, she's holding Lola. Which only makes me love her more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm proud to say my wardrobe was brought to you by Blossom (and Punky Brewster). Scary, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your book looks even more pretty in Mayim Bialik's hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your heart IS made of sunshine and kittens and ice cream sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.