Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



10.14.2011

Two Event Thingies + The Piemaker

Join me here tomorrow?


Hi-ya! This is last minute, but if you're an SCBWI member within driving distance of Asheville, NC, there's a schmooze tomorrow in the loft of the Battery Park Book Exchange. I'm the special guest, and I'll be discussing writing and publishing in the children's/teen market. You don't have to be an SCBWI member to attend, but you do have to be serious (or curious) about publishing. It's from 2 - 4 p.m.

Also, the place serves champagne. Just throwing that out there.

Also also, Beth Revis will be in attendance!

In other event-related news, I am NO LONGER ATTENDING the Vegas Valley Book Festival this November. Something incredibly important in my personal life has come up over that weekend. I'm very, very sorry for anyone who had been planning to see me there. I will make an effort to visit Las Vegas in the future! Thank you for understanding.

And now . . . three gifs from Pushing Daisies, because, hello, it's my blog. And I can do that.








I love how many people have told me how excited they were to see the show mentioned in Lola and the Boy Next Door. If you haven't seen it and you like colorful, romantic silliness with a dash of amazing wardrobes and delicious pie — in other words, if you liked Lola — you MUST check it out. It's one of my all-time favorite television shows.

Also, I *may* have just purchased this Piemaker print by Nan Lawson:



The idea was submitted to her by my friend Connie. How could I resist?!?

Oh, Piemaker. I still miss you.

26 comments:

  1. Gosh, you are not alone in missing the Piemaker.
    And I know you just bought a print, but this one is my favorite. http://gingerhaze.bigcartel.com/product/pie-maker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen — CUTE CUTE CUTE. Look at those skinny legs! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this. And I LOVE Nan's prints. I have Lizzie Bennet, Katniss, & Hermione ready to hang together in a badass tableau.

    Also, Cricket reminds me a bit of The Piemaker. Quirky and sweet and TALL <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my G-d, that Piemaker print. ADORABLE. I miss the Piemaker as well. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish that show would have continued! It was so cute :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *loved* Pushing Daisies. It was one of those shows like Firefly that quietly scooped up viewers. Definitely one of the most original "supernatural" problems with the love interest I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pushing Daisies = SO LOLA. It's the perfect accompaniment to Lola's costumes and colours. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss it too! I think about Pushing Daisies at least once a week and mourn the fact that it's not on TV anymore. That and Veronica Mars-I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personally the Veronica Mars and Dollhouse shoutouts made me happiest, because I'd just finished watching Dollhouse and V*Mars is one of my absolute favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sad to hear you won't be in Vegas, was looking forward to meeting you. But I will probably be busy tracking down Push Daisies and watching it, so I'm good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Steph I am so glad we are friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, I've never seen this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I HEART that show! I need to sit down and re-watch it some day, I have both seasons on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how we miss the piemaker too :( We used to literally go buy cobbler on WEdnesday nights and all eat it during Pushing Daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh god, I absolutely loved the Veronica Mars reference! And if you miss Veronica Mars and Pushing Daisies, you'll probably like this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B--WzeigYmw

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg, I LOOOOOOVED Pushing Daisies. I was heartbroken when it was cancelled so abruptly. Boo. Such a great show. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Steph! I came here on the blog to say hi and say I'm a big fan. I'm really excited to the release of Lola here in Brazil! I loved Anna so much that I gave the book for my best friend on her birthday! I also send positive energies for you to continue writing wonderful and inspiring books!xxx (Pushing Daisies is lovely!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the print! He's adorable. But I'm sad you won't be coming to Southern Nevada. Someday. Have a great weekend, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  19. God, I miss Pushing Daisies.
    In other news, I'm now on Nan Lawson's Etsy page, wishing I had spending money.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE Pushing Daisies. I was devastated when they canceled it (and also very excited to see it mentioned in Lola).
    Lee Pace grew up super close to where I live here in North Houston. My friend even played soccer with his sister!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was wondering if you've ever seen Wonderfalls. It's Bryan Fuller's pre-Daisies TV show, and Lee Pace is in it. It's wonderfully snarky and heartfelt. The DVD is available via Netflix and the whole season(the only one, alas) is on YouTube. Search "Wonderfalls Wax Lion part 1" I think you'd enjoy it, especially since you loved Daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't gotten my hands on Lola yet so I didn't know about the Pushing Daisies reference...but I literally just started watching the show a few days ago. I LOVE IT!!! And I always love Chuck's clothes. Super excited to get Lola for my birthday in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely love the look of this blog! Also, you have a fantastic smile :)
    The Blog for wannabe author J.A. Coleman

    ReplyDelete
  24. *Goes to Netflix. Adds Pushing Daisies. Moves it to top. Excited about watching first season for third time!*

    Yeah, I squealed when I saw the reference in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I knew there was a reason why I loved you, Stephanie. :) I adore the Piemaker and have a huge crush on him. I actually featured him on my blog too. I had no idea that it was mentioned in LOLA (still waiting for my copy to come in). Very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous7:04 PM GMT-5

    The guy who plays the Piemaker is also in Wonderfalls which is directed by the same guy who directed pushing daisies. I have forgotted both of their names but Wonderfalls is really good too. They both are!

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.