Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



9.23.2011

Events + LeakyCon, Pt. 2

Even kittens adore Lola. Thank you, Amber!


A few boring but necessary reminders to start off with . . .

(Sorry, sorry.)

The official release party for Lola is THIS SATURDAY. Malaprop's in Asheville! 7 p.m.! I'll be jabbering about the book, doing a reading, giving away prizes for knowing Anna and the French Kiss trivia, answering your questions, and signing ANYTHING you want me to sign . . .

. . . including Kiersten White's Paranormalcy and Supernaturally.

Seriously, bring them and I'll sign beside my name in the acknowledgments! You can also take my books to her events. We're doing that now.

And next week, I begin my mini-tour with . . .


WONDER WOMAN!


Maureen Johnson and I will be flying in her invisible plane to the Austin Teen Book Festival on October 1st followed by three stops in northern California: Petaluma, Oakland, and — my favorite of favorites, and Lola's hometown! — San Francisco. For dates/details, please visit my News page.

(Yes, you may also take Kiersten's books to those events. I mean, really, you should take them EVERYWHERE you go. Just in case.)

Soooooooo anyway . . .

I am really bummed that my release party falls on the same weekend as #weddingcon. (My Wizard Rock friends Matt and Lauren are getting married! And Jarrod and I can't go!) To help ease my sadness, I'll post the rest of my pictures from LeakyCon. (Part one is here, if you missed it.):


TEAM ANNA/LOLA/ISLA: My agent Kate, moi, and my editor Julie on a panel with the fabulous Rebecca Sherman. Yippee! Thanks for tracking down this photo, Molly!


I did my book signing with editor/author extraordinaire Cheryl Klein. Later, we danced together at the ball. SO much fun!


Now for a bunch of Wizard Rock photos stolen from Cheri Root (everything can be clicked on to make bigger/prettier):


YAAAAAY! Jarrod, performing as Gred & Forge.


More Gred & Forge. Check out Jarrod's red boots!


The Remus Lupins' last show. Sad/amazing. (And Jarrod again, this time on drums.)


Matt (The Whomping Willows) and Lauren Fairweather, a.k.a. our LeakyCon roommates AND the soon-to-be-newlyweds. I love you, guys! Congratulations!


Harry and the Potters. They DESTROYED it. Of course.


I love Wizard Rock.


And I'm sorry, but I'm not sure who took this next picture . . .


All of us collectively wet ourselves when Evanna Lynch (Luna! Lovegood!) took the stage to play with Harry and the Potters. She could really play, too.


Check out my Snape tattoo! The next day, several employees at the Harry Potter theme park thought it was real and let me skip to the front of the rides. Is it bad that I didn't correct them? HA.


With Jarrod. ♥ Thanks for taking these last two pictures, Renee! (R: How did we not get a picture together?!?)


And then the last day . . .


BEST THEME PARK EVRRR!!!


BEST RIDE EVRRR!!!


BEST CAT MADE OUT OF MEASURING TAPE EVRRR!!!


I can't believe those were the only pictures I took at the park, but I'm pretty sure you guys have seen the highlights elsewhere, right? Right. I'm also disappointed that I didn't get any pictures from the Esther Earl Rocking Charity Ball, but . . . it was one of those moments where you had to be there, anyway. ;-)

There's not much I can say about the Harry Potter community without getting mushy and sentimental. It's filled with so much love, kindness, acceptance, and generosity. To everyone who was there, and to everyone who wanted to be there but couldn't make it: I am proud to be your friend.

And, with that, I shall take my leave . . .

13 comments:

  1. Jealous Luna was there! Did you drink butterbeer while there? I was having about three cups a day while I was visiting the park. I've become addicted to it and had to figure out how to make my own.

    I'd have to agree, best.park.ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! So envious of you! Looks like you had so much fun. You need to come to Australia for some events though! We love you here!!! Do you ever think you'll come down under?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! LEAKYCON! (Remember that time we ate at your family restaurant?)

    And I totally agree that the castle ride was the best EVERRR. We braved the queues to go a second time. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahaha, I love the Wizard Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I think of Leaky Con. I always have to smile.:) What a great weekend.
    I don't know how we didn't manage to get a picture together! :( But I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I normally would, I think I was honestly just enjoying the moment(s). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture with the kittens is too adorable and that is AWESOME that Evanna Lynch was there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the mark of an awesome day out is how few pictures you get...when you're too busy having a blast, who has time for pics?! I hope you have so much fun at the Austin Teen Book Festival. I hear the theme is Steampunk? If that's true, please bring your camera and take pics for those of us who won't get an up-close look at all the amazing costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally, someone's coming to Norther California. Hoping to see you at one of the events!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. My. Goodness. I MUST go to Leaky Con next time!! I love the Snape tattoo and the wizard rock. So freakin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live in San Francisco, so I'm planning to come see you and Maureen next Wednesday. I can't wait!!! :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finished Anna last week and I LOOOOOOVED it! I'm so excited because a friend is sending me her ARC of Lola -- I'm so pumped to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So bummed I'll miss you in California!

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.