Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



9.02.2011

Decatur Book Festival! This weekend!



Hi, everyone!

A quick reminder that I'll be at the Decatur Book Festival this weekend. My Sunday panel is at 4:00, and it's called "A Real Girl Conversation About Writing Real Girl Books." (Does that make anyone else think about this movie? Ha!) I'm so excited to meet and talk with the other panelists: Elizabeth Eulberg, Jennifer Jabaley, and Terra McVoy. More information about the event can be found here.

I'm also excited because I lived in Decatur for three years, and it's always fun to revisit those places I've called home. I haven't been there in many years, so I'm happy that I'll get to spend some time with my FIRST critique partner, Amber. Yippee!

Related fun fact: I never outright say this in my novel, but Anna Oliphant is actually from Decatur. People from Atlanta tend to catch this, because of some of the street names and such that I mention. ;)

Anyway, I hope that some of you will be there. If you happen to see me walking around this weekend, please say hello! I promise I'm friendly.

And . . . for EVERYONE reading this . . . next week, I'm posting something special here on my website: a new scene featuring Anna and √Čtienne!* YAY!!!


*Apologizes to my Twitter followers, who were expecting this scene last week. It didn't happen because of Hurricane Irene. And then it didn't happen this week, because I was working on Isla. I'm sorry. It takes awhile for me to format website pages, and I just didn't have the time. Unfortunately, regular writing-work always has to come first!

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to DBF, as well. Can't wait!!!

    And I'm an Atlanta-native but definitely didn't pick up on the fact that Anna is from Decatur. I feel very un-native now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. KM — No worries, hee hee. I kept it pretty vague. The stronger hints were in scenes that ended up getting cut! SEE YOU SOON. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for new scenes, how exciting! I love nothing better than a good DVD special feature ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lars & I love Elizabeth Eulberg, oh how I wish I could go you girls are going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time!

    And extra YAYS for the fact that we are now in Lola's month!!!

    Going to be so awesome!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:33 AM GMT-5

    I can't wait to read a new scene featuring Anna and √Čtienne. How exciting!

    I really enjoyed Lars and the Real Girl. Then again, I'm a big Ryan Gosling fan, so I'm already inclined to like anything with him in it. Stephanie, I think you'd enjoy Crazy, Stupid, Love, his new movie with Steve Carell.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need an assistant. Preferably an English one. She'll format website pages while brewing you a pot of tea.

    Have fun at the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie, I was curios because I just read Anna and the French Kiss, is it your first book?

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.