Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



9.14.2011

Come To My Party! (PLEASE.)



My official release party for Lola and the Boy Next Door is next week. NEXT WEEK. How did that happen?!?

To answer the inevitable questions: Yes, my release party is a week before the wide release. And, yes, there WILL be copies available to purchase!

I'll be reading, signing, and answering questions at my favorite bookstore Malaprop's, here in Asheville, NC, on Saturday the 24th at 7:00 p.m. I hope some of you can make it. A buuuuunch of people who came to my last one will be unavailable to come to this one, so I'm really nervous. It might just be me and my husband!

Please come. If you can. Keep us company?

I love Malaprop's. I've been to a ton of fantastic YA events there lately. Cellphone camera evidence:


With Caroline (SUPERBOOKSELLER!) and Sarah Dessen (SUPERNICE!)


With Melissa Marr (I love her lip ring. She rocks it.)


And a panel with . . .


Caroline, Myra McEntire, Victoria Schwab, Beth Revis, and moi!






That panel was SO much fun. I wish I could always do events with friends!

And speaking of friends . . . I assume you've all heard about Kiersten White's latest deal? HOLY MOLY! Four books!!! And I happen to be in the — *ah hem* — unique position to assure you that they're amazing. I am so proud and giddy and ecstatic for Kiersten.

One last thing, before I leave you. I have a Tumblr now. No biggie. I'm not using it for book-related things; it's personal. (Meaning: It'll probably have a lot of Hot British Men.) But if you're still interested, check it out and follow me!


EDITED TO ADD: Did someone start a Tumblr about me and Kiersten? Heck yeah, they did.

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD: If you bring a copy of Paranormalcy or Supernaturally to my release party, I will sign them. Yes. We're doing that now.

27 comments:

  1. I wish I lived in NC! I'd totally be there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Islam Lafi10:00 PM GMT-5

    if I wasn't living in another continent,,and it was possible for me to actually get a visiting visa,, and i had enough money to buy air-plane tickets I would totally come to your party,, :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer! I'd be there in a heartbeat. Also, every picture of you is made of cute. I want to shop in your closet!

    And my word verification is FunFete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would sooooooo go if I was anywhere near NC... like anywhere on the east coast, I'd be there, lol! Unfortunately I'm a west coaster :( I hope it's a major success! And I can't wait to buy Lola (I read and ARC and I'm in looooove).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I lived closer! I would totes go!

    Are you doing any kind of tour in the future? One that might send you to So. Cal? *bambi eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah--I'll be in Tennessee next week, which is so close and yet SO FAR AWAY STILL. Double Gah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be there with bells on! Well, metaphorical bells, but still bells. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will SO be there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are having your party on my birthday!! A perfect day for it!

    Wish I wasn't so far away...I'd bring the cake.

    Have a wonderful time!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like all your clothes but I esp like the white and blue dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tell the people that they can all preorder a signed copy from Malaprops like me!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will be there in spirit xD Have a fabulous release party!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wha, wish I could go! When they let me trade my Beetle in for a TARDIS I'll be there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Somehow I dont think it will be just you and hubby :)
    You will have heaps of people attending and I am so very jealous of them all. Times like these I wish I wasn't sooooo far away:(
    (Australia - yeah that far)

    Have a great time though! Lola is so close. Yaaaay!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. See, I don't understand why people are whinging about no flying cars yet. Where is the teleport machine, I ask you. I'd be there - literally - in a second. Atlantic, Schmatlantic. But I know it's going to be great! We love you, don't you know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing is going to stop me, not even the Pacific Ocean! *puts on goggles*

    (If I could, I'd be there in my rainbow bracelet shouting, "G'DAY MATE!" to everyone. But I am certain it will be awesome and magical and full of Juggalos.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh was Beth telling the truth? Can we pre-order signed books from Malaprops? Do tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cool! Wish I could be there, but I'm kind of far away. . . If you come to my area though I won't miss it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I sincerely hope you have an amazing party. I know how excited I'm going to be to read!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous5:17 PM GMT-5

    Maybe I can convice my mom to take our college road trip a little earlier...too bad I have school. I'd totally be there if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh no. I'm going to be at the SCBWI conference in Charlotte. :( I'm sorry I'll miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stephanie, I am happy to come to your party! Asheville isn't too far from where I am in NC. Can't wait to meet you next week and get LOLA! My first ever book that will be signed by the author. Who is super awesome! *squee*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay. I'm totally not sure how else to tell you about this, so I'm posting it here. I am having a giveaway on my blog. There are two different books the winner can pick. Lola and the Boy Next Door is one of them. Next week, on September 22nd, I will be starting my second "Book Wars" poll, where your book will be one of the two selections.

    If you are interested in spreading the word about my giveaway and next week's Book Wars event, that would be awesome. If this is not of interest to you, my apologies. I am pretty new at all of this.

    Anyway, if you'd like to see all the details, you can find them here:

    http://kathyanncoleman.blogspot.com/2011/09/post-of-awesome-giveaway-carrier-of.html

    I am looking forward to reading your new book next month. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I will sooooo be there! I'm a French teacher and I've been passing Anna to my students, who all want to attend the American School in Paris now! See you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So so saddened by the fact that I live in NYC & can't be there for your party :( If there's any party I'd love to attend, it's this one! LOLA was too amazing for words. Sparkly, bright, romantic fun! I want to live in this world, thank you for being an inspiration. Have a WONDERFUL party!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'll be there, and I'm bringing three friends! Can't wait. :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wish. My mom will kill me if I take he money. Much less for a plan ticket and enough to buy a half of a bookstore. I should never be let anywhere near those. Boooookssss

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.