Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



6.03.2011

Lola, Lola, and More Lola

You asked for it, you got it! (And I reaaaaally appreciate you asking for it.)

Here's my official countdown widget for Lola and the Boy Next Door:




If you're viewing this post as an RSS feed, you'll probably have to click on over to my blog to see it. Please add it to your own blog or website, if you wish, and help me spread the word!

A handful of copies of Lola were handed out at Book Expo America last week, and I am enormously relieved (ENORMOUSLY, you guys know what a killer this novel was for me) that these earliest reviews have been positive.

Phew!!!!!!!!!!

Today I even learned that one of my favorite book bloggers, the always professional and charming Story Siren, named it as one of her five early buzz books:


"If you've read Anna and the French Kiss I'm sure you are dying for this novel. And it is that good. I think it's even better than Anna. Now I read this title in public, at the airport actually, so you could imagine my dismay when the book made me cry.... twice. And it wasn't so much that it was sad, but I made such a strong connection with these characters it was hard to not be emotionally involved. You are going to LOVE this one."


Thank you so much, Kristi. Your words mean more to me than you can imagine.

And then . . . I learned that it got blurbed by Sarah Mlynowski:


“You’re going to fall in love with Lola and the Boy Next Door. Madly in love! Every page sparkles.”

— Sarah Mlynowski, author of Bras & Brookmsticks and Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn’t Have)


Oh, heavens. I didn't even know my (fabulous fabulous fabulous) editor was going to try to get a blurb! It's particularly thrilling, because years ago I read Sarah's See Jane Write (co-written with editor Farrin Jacobs), a guide to writing chick-lit, and it was HUGELY helpful in getting me to figure out those things that my college creative writing classes should have taught me, but didn't. I referenced her book ALL THE TIME while writing my first novel!

So . . . it's surreal that now she likes *my* book.

Wow.

WOW.

Isn't life crazy? And amazing? I hope your Fridays were as happy-making as mine!

30 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful on the blog! Thanks so much for making this and writing wonderful books. I can't wait to read Lola & the BND.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I want to do is SQUEE! Definitely snagging the widget to place on my blog -- can't wait to finally get my hands on LOLA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never felt the need/want to add a countdown widget to my blog before today, but I'm so looking forward to 'Lola' that I couldn't resist. Plus it's so handy that it sort of matches my blog colours. ;) No, but really, I can't wait to read 'Lola' and I am so happy to be able to spread the word even a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding it now :) Can't wait to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will have to wait until I'm on an actual computer, but will definitely be adding Lola to my blog! : D My Friday has been just fine, thank you. (admittedly not as wonderful as yours...)

    Ok, now I can sleep. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. 117 days is SO far away. Like, lightyears.

    Eons.

    Oh, September.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That countdown is too depressing at the moment. We'll talk when it's below 50, okay? :P

    But yay for good early reviews! NOT that I am surprised. Because I'm totally not.

    LO-LA LO-LA LO-LA LO-LA!

    (Wow, that looks really weird. But hopefully you get that I'm chanting...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I'm so looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHH! LOLA!!!

    The widget is so cute! Even though the numbers its flashing aren't that hot. Oh well, I'll just keep re-reading ANNA in the meantime :)

    Also, I've called dibs on Cricket! Everyone says that Etienne is theirs and so I've already called dibs on Cricket! I can tell that he approves of this :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. New Lola widget, meet my blog sidebar. In you go!

    :P

    Like the other non-US based bloggers and readers, I'll be waiting ... until Aug/Sept.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fact that that countdown has triple digets under "Days" right now is KILLING ME SLOWLY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What amazing news! Not sure many Fridays can stack up to yours. Love the cover. Can't wait to read (the rest of) the book. Hint, hint. Still waiting for a package in the mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, how muc I really want Lola :( Sigh I guess I have to wait

    ReplyDelete
  14. CANNOT. WAIT. TO. READ. LOLA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so bummed that this won't work on Wordpress! And I'm so bummed that I have to wait 116 days for the book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is WAY to many days for my liking!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for the widget! I'm not big on them in general but for Lola. Oh YES! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome widget! :D Looking forward to Lola...I still have to buy ANNA first though! Gah! Too much on my To-Read List this summer.

    Reading these reviews makes me even more excited!

    ~TRA

    http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous9:38 PM GMT-5

    I was at a quidditch match yesterday (on of my nearby universities has a quidditch tournament!) and I had Anna and the French Kiss with me because I convinced my friend to read it, and I got super excited because one of the players on the Ravenclaw team had her copy of Anna on top of her bag, and I just thought it was an amazing coincidence. I let her know how awesome I thought she was :)
    I just thought you might find that interesting :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhhhhhh--how did I miss this yesterday?????? HUGE CONGRATS ON THE BLURBS/REVIEWS.

    THey better have LOLA at ALA in 3 weeks or I am driving to NC and camping in your doorstep until you loan me an ARC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely, lovely blurbs!

    I am so excited to read this book!!

    (Every time I think of your book, I think of the Kinks song, Lola,L-O-L-A Lola, lalalala Lola.)

    Can't wait.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those reviews sound fantastic! Yay! Your trouble child is doing it! Yay! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whooo, lookit youuu! Gettin' blurbs! Congrats, Stephanie! I'm sure there will be TONs more where that came from!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so excited to read this!! Congrats on the awesome blurbs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lola is the only book that really made me jealous of the bloggers who got to go to BEA. :P Can't wait to read it and congrats on the positive reviews that it's been getting!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the reviews...I can't wait to fall in love again. You mentioned in a past blog that you needed to fall in love with Cricket after falling in love with Etienne...I think all of your fans feel the same way. And we're ready.

    That said, 117 days?! AUGH!!!!!!

    I actually can't add that countdown clock for fear that I'll get too depressed when looking at it on FB...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looking forward to Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Why do I have to work on the other side of the world during BEA. :(

    I can't wait for Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am so excited for Lola! So sad I missed the secret ARC giveaways at BEA though. I can't use "flashy" widgets on wordpress, so I made my own widget for my sidebar. : )

    ReplyDelete
  30. Like everyone else, I cannot wait for Lola, and I'm happy to read that Anna is coming out on paperback soon! I'm definitely going to be buying some for my friends.
    Also, I do hope it comes out in Spanish, since not all of my friends speak English (I'm Argentine!) and I'd love for them to read it.

    For some reason, I can't grab the widget, so I'm gonna ask someone who has it to pass me the code.

    *excited!*
    xo,
    Ella, an Argentine fan :)

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.