Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



6.08.2011

EEEEEEEEK! Comic-Con!!!



I just got the okay to share some RIDONKULOUS news. I'm going to be on a YA panel at this year's Comic-Con International! The Comic-Con, held every summer in San Diego. As a maaaaaaajor hardcore nerd, I assure you this is far-and-away the most amazing invite I've yet received!

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The panel date and time have not been set in stone, so for now all I can share with you is that the fantastic Nathan Bransford is moderating and that these are the panelists:

Andrea Cremer
Amanda Hocking
Tahereh Mafi
Laini Taylor
Kiersten White . . .
and moi!

OH, YEAH. THAT'S RIGHT.

The gods have put me on a panel with two of my bestest friends, Laini and Kiersten! Could I *BE* any more excited???

(Answer: No.)

And I'm thrilled to see super-sweetheart Andrea again (who I met way too briefly a few months ago in Houston) and to meet everyone else! Holy awesome weekend, Batman! I can't stop using exclamation points! July 21-24 are going to (NERD) ROCK!

Comic-Con will be immediately following my appearance at another fantastic con, LeakyCon (July 13-17 in Orlando, FL). I don't think I officially announced it here on my blog, but I'll be on the Wednesday Lit Day panels with all kinds of incredible award-winning people that I have no right to be on a panel with — Seriously. Look at the list. — not to mention, my agent and my editor. I can't wait to see them again!

And, of course, my husband and tons of our friends will be performing their Wizard Rock at night!


♥ The hubs ♥


July is going to rule, dude.

I love being a geek!

For more tour dates, please check out my News page. Especially notable is an appearance later this month at the Irving Public Library in Texas. If you live in the Dallas area, please come see me! And if you don't live anywhere near the places I'm traveling, no worries. There are quite a few more stops up my sleeves that I can't share yet.

HURRAH! I hope to see you soon!

18 comments:

  1. DOOD! DOOOOOOOOOD! Dood. HOW COOL! Congrats! And that sounds like an amazing panel. Wish I could attend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I would love to go to this. You AND Laini Taylor AND Kiersten White? Sigh. One of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeee!!! I'm still working on my Comic-Con/July plans so I'm not positive I'll be able to make it but, holy crap, I really hope so. If not, you should TOTALLY road trip it up and make a stop in Los Angeles. *hint, hint, nudge, nudge*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been so sad that I am not going to Comic Con. Mimi is going to be there, she just invited me to join them up in LA for a Journey concert & Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be there! Possibly dressed as Katniss, depending on the day. That panel looks amazing... can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW!!! I am so so so excited for you!! :)
    I'll be seeing you at Leaky con! I can't believe its just around the corner. I'm not going to get to go to Lit day though, the tickets sold out before I could get mine.:(

    So happy for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is soooo AWESOME!!! Congrats! You're gonna rock it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhhmigawwwd!!! I would so love to be at ComicCon :( sadface for living far away and being broke!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy mother what I wouldn't give to be at Leaky Con as a fan! You are going to have the BEST time there as an author!!! Have so much fun :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go girl. What an honor it is to be on a panel with such wonderful talent. Enjoy the ride

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOSH!!!! I'm going to be at Comic Con!!!! I can't wait to see you!!!!

    P.S. (I'm @trixietraci on Twitter. I'm the one who wants to bribe you with baked goods so you'll tell me who you picture as Etienne. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds nothing short of amazing. Wish I could be there! I love it, too, you know. Being a nerd. All those who aren't - what do they do for FUN? Macramé? Watch CSI? Quote... nothing?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. My. GOD. That list! I wish I wasn't one, in school this summer, and two, a poor college student because I WANT TO GO TO BOTH OF THESE! Especially the one in San Diego. Because I just met Kiersten this last weekend and my friend and I could hardly imagine the two of you in the same room. It would be an awesome OVERLOAD. You better take lots of pictures at both and make sure to blog about it! SO EXCITING! (Also, I think we need video of the Hubs and this wizard band you speak of. *nods* definitely a must-have for your nerd-followers.)

    Meredith :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds awesome. Wants to go!!!

    And obviously I'll be the highlight of your July. I mean, it's not even a competition. Hello! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I can't wait! I'll be there for all 4 days of Comic Con, so I will DEFINITELY be at your panel! :)

    OMG SO EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! The panel sounds amazing and I can't wait to hear about it!

    Although I won't be at Comic-Con, I AM going to LeakyCon. It's going to be totally crazy, but hopefully I'll get to meet you at some point. Squee! :) LitDay is going to be amazing. This is when I really need a time-turner so I don't have to miss anything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Congrats for the awesome news, alas I'm not going to Comic Con BUT I am going to Leaky and I can't wait to see you there.

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.