Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



5.12.2011

TWO AUCTIONS: Win Custom Scenes Featuring Anna & Étienne

Tornado damage in northern Georgia, beside my husband's hometown.


The online lit community is at it again.

(Raising money for charity, of course!)

I've donated two items to help raise funds for the tornado-damaged southern United States. Help Write Now is raising money for the Red Cross's general disaster relief fund, and All 4 Alabama is raising money for a rural community in Alabama, because Alabama was hit the hardest by the storms.

I'm giving away the same item for both auctions. And it's a cool one! Here's the description:


This auction is for one written conversation of your choice between Anna Oliphant and Étienne St. Clair, the main characters of my novel ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS.

If you win, you’ll send me a topic, and I’ll write a short scene in which Anna and Étienne muse upon it.

The scene will be added as a permanent “Extras” feature on stephanieperkins.com, and I’ll list your name (and link to your website, if you have one) as the dedication. I will also print a copy, sign it, and mail it to you.

Your topic must be brief, like “kumquats” or “Dr. Who.” In other words, if you send this idea to me: “Étienne breaks up with Anna to date Michelle Huffernagle, aka me, the winner of this auction,” I will tell you to pick another topic.

I will also not write about anything that will spoil the companion novels to ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS. Your topic idea cannot be “Lola,” “Cricket,” “Isla,” etc.

I will be open-minded, but I do reserve the right to refuse any idea that I deem inappropriate and to ask you to select another one.

The winner’s scene will be on my website (and the paper copy mailed) within sixty days of settling on the topic.


• The link for my Help Write Now auction is HERE. It was uploaded today (Thursday), and you'll have THREE days to bid. Bidding instructions are on this page.

• The link for my All 4 Alabama auction is HERE. It was uploaded today (Thursday), and you'll have FIVE days to bid. Bidding instructions are on this page.


In other words . . . if you bid on HWN's auction and don't win, you'll have a second chance with A4A.

I hope you'll bid. Thank you, and good luck!

6 comments:

  1. What is Jarrod's hometown? I have family in Rossville and it got hit HARD, and I lived in Walker County (LaFayette) for 4 years when I was younger... they also sustained some pretty bad damage. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! Yes, he lived right next door to you in Chickamauga. We visited his family last weekend, and it was mind-blowing to see the damage in the nearby towns. Houses just . . . missing parts. Large parts. I hope that everyone in your family is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to have to drive through the Battlefield to get to Wal-Mart in Ft. Oglethorpe (there was no Wal-Mart in LaFayette when I lived there) and oh how the tourists slowing down to see monuments and stuff used to drive us nuts. I'm glad Jarrod's family wasn't directly affected (at least I hope?). All of my family is fine, just shocked by the devastation and trying to do what they can to help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your family is okay! Jarrod's family is fine, too. The strangest story we heard while we were visiting was that someone in Ft. Olgethorpe lost their mailbox in the storm . . . and it wound up here in Asheville!

    Yeah, we usually make a detour to avoid the battlefield. Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is insane. We don't really get tornadoes here so I can't even fathom what it would be like.

    In regards to your auction: *wants* *grabby hands*

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your writing and wish you could make a seaqual of anna and the french kisss :) your sooo awesome

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.