Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



2.18.2011

Happy Happy Happy Friday

Oh, MAN. What an awesome day, and it's only noon!

Remember that whole thing about me being excited that Radiohead has a new album coming out tomorrow? It was released a day EARLY. Which means I've been listening to it for the last FOUR HOURS, which means I am VERY HAPPY.

(Of course it's fantastic. It's Radiohead. For fans, that's guarantee enough. I never have any doubt.)

There's also a new video for "Lotus Flower," which features My Celebrity Boyfriend Thom Yorke doing his trademark peculiar dancing. In a cool hat. Did I mention that I'm happy?





Because I am.

VERY happy.

In fact, if I didn't have that library event thingy this afternoon, I'd take the entire day off as a holiday. I'd put The King of Limbs on my iPod, go to the park with a cozy blanket and a bottle of sparkling water and a box of chocolate truffles, and pretend that I'm a beautiful princess who has been given the scared gift of music.

Or something like that.

In other happy news — and this is what I alluded to at the end of my last post — Anna and the French Kiss won two Smoochies! The Smoochies are an online awards show in their second year, organized by authors Josh Berk and Heidi R. Kling. They honor the best kissing scenes in YA literature, and it's voted on by readers like yourself.

So . . . THANK YOU!!!

There are three categories, and Anna and √Čtienne snagged the two they were nominated for:

Best Otherwordly Kiss — Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Best Realistic Kiss — Anna
Best Overall Kiss – Anna

I loved Hush, Hush, and I'm excited to read Crescendo. I'm glad to hear that Patch and Nora's kissing scenes are still smokin' hot! Becca and I both filmed videos for the show, which you can see here:





It's a long video, so if you're short on time and want to hear what Real Me sounds like, I'm at 11:40.

And you aren't mistaken. That is, indeed, my internet video debut. I'm not not not a fan of video cameras (strong emphasis on the not not not), but I'm DEFINITELY a fan of kissing awards! So thank you again to everyone who voted for my novel. I'm sincere when I say that it's very, very gratifying to be recognized for the scenes that I work on the hardest.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. I'm off to watch the Radiohead video get ready for the library event!*


*Lie. I'm watching the video again.

25 comments:

  1. Even happier I forgot my ipod & earbuds today.
    But I am leaving early today to go visit my friends up in Cave Creek, so that is good about today. And last night I went to a French restaurant in Scottsdale & celebrated our 1 year Europe anniversary.
    Good luck on your event & I hope you have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video debut! Wish I could stop by the library tomorrow, but I have to work... :( Congrats on the Smoochie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I may not be having as happy a day as you, it IS Friday (payday), beautiful weather, and I got my Thin Mints.....pretty good day I'd say. Also, I did love the Smoochies video. Fun. (and like video cameras or not, you are adorable) : )

    Happy Library Thing!!! (jealous that our library is too far away, and we probably couldn't afford a big star like you.....but what if I helped hook you up with OTHER libraries in the area.....Hmmm? Who would I have to talk to about THAT?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thom Yorke and Stephanie videos all in one day?! What have I done to deserve this?!!

    But seriously, congrats on your awards... can't wait for Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award! You were great - loved the dedication to Jared for 11 years of "totally hot smoochin'.

    And thanks. I love watching your celebrity boyfriend dance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol kind of an odd video... but you were totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award wins! My cuz is in love with ANNA and I won it in a contest so I can finally read it! As for your celeb crush and the dancing...who doesn't look awesome dancing in a bowler hat???

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved this! you looked SO adorable, seriously. and im so stoked anna won the award--it has my all time fave kiss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg Josh Berk is so odd and hilarious xD That was an awesome video. Congrats on winning! Anna and the French Kiss is my new obsession - and my new favourite kissing book :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome! Yes, yes, all of it, Thom and the album and the fact that you can even contemplate going to a park right now, because here it's six below and all the parks are smothered in old, grey snow, but mostly the fact that you won such a suavely named award. The queen of smooching. Her royal smoochiness. The smoochess of York. That's you! Congrats!

    Oh, and your video was cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the Smoochie! :) I thought your video was great, especially the beginning.
    I love the new Radiohead video!!! The album is amazeing too! Thanks for Tweeting about it this morning or I would still be waiting until tomorrow.
    Soooo What is your favorite Radiohead album?? Song??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just realized that's the first time I hear your voice. Mhm, that sounded a little stalkery, I'm not, congratulations on all the awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This going to sound weird (would you expect any less of me?) but your walls are a really awesome colour.

    Also, CONGRATS on the awards and the Thom Yorke-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you're so nice and pretty!
    Why does there have to be such a long wait between books?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're pretty much the most adorable part of this video--I think you should appear on video again:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the Smoochie, your accent is so cute, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the Smoochie! It is well deserved. How could anyone not want to win one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for great smoochies!!

    And since we are talking about celebrity BFs, can you talk to Chris Martin? I mean, shouldn't Cold Play be releasing something for us to listen to soon?

    He's being a bit of a slacker, I think.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Stephanie! This has nothing to do with your blog post, but I have to say this and Twitter is so *limiting* with that... limit. I LOVE Anna and the French Kiss, just to say that again, with its perfect blend of fun and serious. I could go on and on about it, and I probably will, to anyone who will - or won't - listen. But after browsing through your website and blog, I'm even more excited about the sequels, because I totally love your style! I'm glad about Isla having her own book because the little we saw of her in Anna intrigued me - I do hope it's the same Isla?

    And a huge YES to "adults who aren't afraid to admit that teen books are awesome". I'm proud to say I'm one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yep. That's some peculiar dancing. Heehee. Anna and Etienne definitely have award-worthy kissing. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Stephanie :)
    Your novel is beyond beautiful & it's my staff pick at the bookstore that I work in. My goal is to recommend it to as many people as possible! LOL.

    I just wanted to tell you that (if you haven't heard it already), a new adaptation of the Three Musketeers is coming out in October 2011 with Orlando Bloom & Matt Macfayden. I know how much you love him & period pieces with incredible costumes! So this is a friendly FYI :) -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww, you're speaking! You remind me of Mandy Moore when you talk. I don't know why! I've been watching too much Tangled. <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm giving away a copy of your book today on my blog! I can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You said you didn't check/respond to email very quickly and to try your twitter or blog...

    Please check it for your invitation to participate in the Carolina Mountains Literary Festival this fall. We love to have you.

    And you can delete this if you like.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stephanie thats pretty much awesomesauce! I'm so glad you won because I agree, your writing deserves awards.

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.