Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



12.20.2010

Lo-lo-lo-lo Lo-la Gets a Release Date

Not this Lola. My Lola. But I love this one, too.


Lola and the Boy Next Door has a release date! September 29, 2011! And it's available now for pre-order!

Just thought you should know.

In other news, I am not blogging or tweeting or emailing a lot these days, because I'm revising a book. It's called Lola and the Boy Next Door. Perhaps you've heard of it.

It's definitely the best book I've ever written about someone named Lola. Plus, there's a hot boy in it. (Hint: the one next door.) Actually, there are two hot boys. No! Three! There are THREE HOT BOYS. Maybe even four! It depends on your definition of hot, but there are LOTS of them in this book.

I'll probably have a cover and plot description to share with you in January. Maybe February. Definitely by March.

I think.

Who am I kidding? I know nothing! Nothing except that there are HOT BOYS IN THIS BOOK AND YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY PRE-ORDER AT LEAST SIXTEEN COPIES BECAUSE THAT IS A VERY REASONABLE NUMBER ACCORDING TO MY THERAPIST.

(Also: Happy birthday, Natalie Whipple! I hope your day is very orange and filled with frostingless cake!)

24 comments:

  1. Yay for a Lola release date and yay for the FOUR hot boys! I can't wait.

    Hope you have time for some holiday fun despite revisions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on my experiences of the hot boys in Anna, knowing that there are a grand total of four such boys of your creation in Lola makes me very excited. Even though I have to wait a whole year. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Does your Lola run? =) He He.

    Can't wait to learn more! Happy holidays Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I think that's a lovely release date...nicely into Fall, but not yet into October, which gets completely taken over by Halloween.

    Yes, it's a fab date.

    (Edits suck.....just sayin)

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooo! And three-maybe-four hot boys are totally worthy of sixteen pre-order copies!

    "It's definitely the best book I've ever written about someone named Lola." -- bahahahaha

    I asked my Secret Santa for my official (non-ARC) copy of ANNA, and I'm so excited to get it! Now all you need to do is come do a signing in the Philly area... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's way too long! Can you ask your publisher to bump it up to like, tomorrow? :-)

    I love that other Lola, too! It's the first foreign film I ever saw, so it holds a dear place in my heart.

    Happy holidays and even happier revising!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so ridiculously excited it's INSANE. Come on September!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how well you know me!

    Also, deep breaths, but holy crap I can't believe it's coming out that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to meeting the infamous Lola. Only nine months to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Lola!
    Yay for hot boys! The more the merrier, LOL.

    Happy holidays, Stephanie. :)

    ~TRA

    http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeeeeeee, definitely placing a pre-order ASAP. I can't wait!!

    Happy Holidays, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    I CAN'T WAIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. September!!! WOOT WOOT!!! Thank you for working so hard so we can get Lola that much sooner! You are a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to hear more -MORE- I tell you MORE, what do you think my therapist is saying???

    --kidding. Kinda. Yay for Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited! I only wish it could be sooner...

    I heard your book reviewed on Vlogbrothers and then found your blog... After reading a few post I decided I HAD TO READ YOUR BOOK. Which I then promptly ordered from Amazon. And have now read twice.

    Thank you for writing something so delightfully sincere. and fun. and romantic :). It was great. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cannot wait to meet Lola! I fell in love instantly with Anna and I'm so excited for September!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm very certain that in September 29, 2011 I'm going to meet the coolest Lola and the coolest 3, no, possible 4, Hot guys I've ever met in my whole life.

    It's a date.

    Plus. Steph, you're so funny, and your funniness (is that a word) has rewarded you with several pre-orders on my part (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw this on Twitter earlier, and then I just HAD to go onto Amazon, and my heart gave a little stutter when I saw the date! CAN'T WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i wish i could fall into a coma and wake up when lola is released! cannot freaking wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG My name is Lola and I have red hair!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.