Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



11.01.2010

My Happily Ever After (HUZZAH!)



This is me, last January inside the Centre Pompidou in Paris, listening to Future Stephanie on the phone. Future Stephanie is telling Past Stephanie that the research trip she's currently taking will totally be worth it!

Present Stephanie is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY EXCITED to announce . . . .

. . . the sale of Third Novel!

Isla and the Happily Ever After will be published by Dutton in late 2012. Isla is the final companion to Anna and the French Kiss (2010) and Lola and the Boy Next Door (2011).

I am UNBELIEVABLY THRILLED OUT OF MY MIND to be working with Julie Strauss-Gabel again and to have this opportunity to finish my "Girls with Four-Letter Names Ending in A" series.*

*Not official series title.

You already know that I'm secretive about plots, but here's what I can tell you:

—Yes, it takes place in Paris.
—Yes, there will be familiar faces.
—Yes, I've already started writing it.

And for the tiny handful of you who are looking at the title and thinking, Waaaait a second. Is that . . .?, the only thing I'll say is: Yes, whatever you're thinking is probably correct!

I'd love to take this chance to thank the people who have made this possible:

Thank you to superagent Kate Schafer Testerman, supereditor Julie Strauss-Gabel, and everyone else at Dutton and the Penguin Young Readers Group who has supported Anna and Lola and put their trust in me that I can do it again.

Thanks to Natalie Whipple, Jim Di Bartolo, Manning Krull, and Marjorie Mesnis who have provided me with invaluable research for this project (and will continue to do so for the next year, sorry about that). Thank you to Laini and Kiersten, because I always need to thank Laini and Kiersten. And thank you to Jarrod, my favorite of all, who picks out my characters from large crowds of real people and is always correct.

Finally, my biggest thanks to YOU for spreading the buzz about Anna. I know that it's because of your excitement that I've been given this opportunity. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for your support.

Oh! And it's pronounced "Eye-la," like "island" without the "nd." ;)


[EDITED TO ADD: Holy smokes, you guys are fast! Isla and the Happily Ever After is already on Goodreads. Thank you! Mark it to-read here.]

58 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although really, this does not come as a huge surprise to me. I never thought you would have a problem selling future books going by all the comments I've read from early reviewers about Anna and the French Kiss. I can't wait to join them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHH I had a feeling this would be the news. SO SO SO SO SO SO SO happy for you. And for me, cause now I get to read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *tosses buckets of confetti*

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG SQUEEEEEEEEEEE I CAN'T WAIT!!!

    CONGRATS!!

    Anna and the French Kiss is by far one of the best books i've read this year so i can't WAIT for all your others.

    best of luck with everything! i'm sure you'll do SWIMMINGLY :D

    hehe!!

    <3333

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! How exciting!!! :D I cannot wait to get my hands on Anna, HUGE congratulations toy you Steph!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot woot! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOT!!! So excited!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! This is amazing news for you and for me as the reader because Anna and the French Kiss is in my top 5 of my favorite books I've read this year!

    I read an ARC that I sadly had to give up immediately after finishing...I can't wait for Etienne to come home with me where he belongs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome is that!!!! Congrat's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurrah for you! Yay! This is splenderifious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to meet Lola & Isla (that is the name of my friends little baby girl).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Stephanie! I can't wait for the privilege to meet ANNA, LOLA, and ISLA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo!!! How exciting is that?! Huge congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woot!! This is the best news I've gotten today! More Stephanie Perkins books in the world? Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Stephanie - thats brilliant news!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    So thrilled to hear this, Stephanie. I cannot wait to read more of your books!!

    ~Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! :D
    YAYAYAYAYAYYAY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hurrah hurrah hurrah! I ADORE the title! I love it when titles come together like that. The three fit perfectly! And Paris.... Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  18. CONGRATS!!! I agree with Heather -- the world needs more Stephanie Perkins books! Yippee!

    (I just can't wait til ANNA comes out for real and I get to convert tons of people onto the amazingness that is that book.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so epic!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yayyy! I loved ANNA so much; I can't wait to read LOLA and ISLA! Congratulations, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hurray!!! Happy dancing at my house! Congratulations X a lots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wahoo!! Such great news for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Congratulations! This is so exciting! Anna is amazing and I can't wait to meet Lola and now Isla! *happy dances* I'm so happy for you--congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hip hip HOORAY!!!! Macaroons for everyone, but especially you, dear sweet Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. YAY!!! Congrats, Stephanie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay, congratulations! This is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So happy for you! Success much deserved pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  28. EEEEEEEEE!!! How exciting! I'm so excited to read about all these characters whose names end with "a"!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yippee! That's Fan-blooming-tastic! I love the unofficial title of your series.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats!
    This makes me SO, SO, SO happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG YESSSSSSSS!!!! I am so excited you have NO IDEA. So happy I get to read more of your amazing work <3 congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Woo Hoo!! A huge congratulations to you! I can't wait to read ALL of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations!!!!

    I loved Anna so much, I can't wait to read Lola and now Isla (love that name). I'm off to update my goodreads list :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabuloso!
    Having already met and fallen in love with Anna (and √Čtienne), I cannot wait to meet Lola and Isla (again).

    I'm so happy. Not at all surprised. But delighted for you. Nice to have your next three Decembers taken care of.

    I will give Paris a kiss for you. And get one back for you. I hope it doesn't use tongue. It being French and all.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ok, I can't tell you how incredibly excited this news makes me because Anna is my new most favorite book ever! And I want more four letter girl names ending in A romances from you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. That's wonderful--congrats! Can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations!!

    Yay! Back in Paris!

    Hmmmm....my mind is already spinning with possibilities....

    Well done, you!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  38. CONGRATULATIONS!

    I'm so excited to read your books, Stephanie! I love everything Julie edits, so I know I'll adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  39. WHEEEEE!!!!!!

    Lucky us.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congrats! I'm super excited to read them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  41. The world is just a little more awesome today. This is fantastic news. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yaaaaaaaayyyyy!!! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to read all three books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congratulations! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I pre-ordered Anna and the French Kiss the other day!!
    So so excited to read it!!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  47. That's so awesome! Congrats! I'm way excited for Anna and now these two companions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Congrats!!! Sooooo excited for you (and, can't wait to get my hands on Anna, and also, LOVE the bookmark - Paula gave me one!)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh my goodness! Where have I been? This is so wonderful! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Holy Moly, there is another commenter with my name. Yikes. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  51. SO very happy for you, Stephanie!!! YAY!!!!

    Throwing confetti in your honor!

    :-)
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Big congrats to you! Revel in it. *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  53. CONGRATS! 3 and counting. :)

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.