Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



10.21.2010

Eleven Days Later

This is my favorite picture of my favorite band. Don't know what that says about me. But it always feels appropriate.


Eleven days since my last post. It's been a . . . busy month. I have so much to say that apparently I've nothing to say at all!

Here's what I did today:

• YouTubed videos of cute boys under the guise of "research."
• Chewed the same piece of gum from 11 pm until now (5:27 am).
• Wrote 3,000 words. Deleted 2,500 of them.

I feel the unmistakable twinges and tics of madness coming on. I owe emails to so many people, and I am so, so sorry! I will explain my absence soon.


[Speaking of Radiohead—juuuuuust in case another fan reads this—I recently ran across this AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING live From The Basement show. I'd seen parts of it before, but never the whole thing. OHMYSTARS, SO GOOD. Cannot stop watching it. Hypnotized by it. Want to make sweet, sweet love to it. Except it's a video, so that'd be weird. Plus, even if it were possible, I'm married. To a person. Not a YouTube video. But if I could be married to a YouTube video, it would be this one. You get the idea.]

8 comments:

  1. That photo sums up my attitude for when the husband drags me out to social events I don't want to attend. Which is all of them.

    Oh, and guess what. Anna comes out in 41 days, 19 hours, 11 mins, and 20 secs. Not that I'm counting or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey, I know you've been a nanner in the past, are you doing Nanowrimo this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the excellent picture! :) I love Radiohead. Doesn't everybody? That video is sooo goood!
    And it's OK if you don't post every day or even every week. You're a professional writer/author, you have a valid excuse for your busyness. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I adore your posts and wait eagerly for them, I'd much rather you use your time for important authorly things. And yes, I do count trolling youtube for cute boys as important authorly things. It is VERY necessary. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the Radiohead video, it made me smile (chicken lickin). I told some kids (19 or 20ish) that I discovered after watching a video of Thom Yorke dancing a few years ago that I dance like him when I drive. They thought I was weird, while I think it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love you anyway (the gum). Just don't pick where you left it yesterday. And say hi to Thom, if he still loiters about your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great video. I love Radiohead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! I can totally relate to the writing 3000 words and deleting 2500 thing. That Radiohead vid is awesome. If you could get married to youtube videos, you'd have to fight me for its hand in marriage. And I throw a mean punch, just saying.
    (Ok, I don't. I manage to hurt myself when I attempt to punch, but I am still very intimidating.)

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.