Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



8.20.2010

BEDITSHOA: House Sortin' Time



Ask and ye shall receive, Donna. DOUBLE PAUL BETTANY. (You weren't the only one who put this particular picture in my comments. Ha!)

So speaking of Harry Potter—ah hem, yesterday—you guys have sent me several Hot British People who play students in the films. Behold:




And it has me thinking about houses. One of the most intriguing aspects of Harry Potter (and there are many) is how balanced and well-conceived Hogwarts' four houses are. Who hasn't read the novels and instinctively known what house they'd be sorted into? I, for instance, am in Ravenclaw:




My husband Jarrod is in Hufflepuff:




Our dog Pip (L) is in Gryffindor, but Sable (R) is in Hufflepuff:



And Mr. Tumnus?


Slytherin, of course.


(I'd guess nine out of ten cats would be sorted into Slytherin.)

So . . . I'm curious about my blog readers! What house are *YOU* in?





If you're reading this as an RSS feed, you might have to visit my actual blog to vote. But the important thing to remember is that no matter what house you're in, we can always still be friends!


Hufflepuff & Ravenclaw, BFFs since 1999.


Four last things:

• My BEDITSHOA book recommendation? I'm skipping it today. So time consuming!

• Did you know that the first seventy pages of Kiersten White's hilarious, thrilling, romantic, genre-bending Paranormalcy are online? WELL, THEY ARE.

• Did you know that Penguin is giving away a copy of Anna and the French Kiss on Goodreads? Enter here between now and October 1st.

• And I *LOVE* this picture from Jade's blog:





I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I will be here. Blogging.

21 comments:

  1. There must be something to Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs getting together, because I am definitely a Ravenclaw, and my husband is surely a Hufflepuff.

    My dogs are one in Slytherin and one in Hufflepuff. We've all been coexisting quite peacefully in the same house for three years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I identify as a Griffynpuff I cannot vote. But, holy cripes(!) you and your husband are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing as I'm no good at riddles, I'd have to say Hufflepuff...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, every time I take those "What house are you in?" quizzes, I get half Gryffindor and have Ravenclaw, so I guess I'm a Gryffinclaw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to say Ravenclaw, but I suspect (quite honestly) I'd be in Slytherin. My husband would be Gryffendor all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everytime I'm sorted online, I always either get Ravenclaw or Slytherin - NEVER Hufflepuff or Gryffindor. I can identify a tried and true HP fan if they don't say automatically that they're Gryffindor, they think about it first. Anyway, I guess I'm a Ravenerin, or Slythclaw. I like the second best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know what house I belonged to. I knew what house I wanted to belong to, but that wasn't the question. So I called Mimi asked her advice, took a couple online quizes and did some soul searching and I feel good about saying that I am Gryffindor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if most of us bookish people are Ravenclaws at heart. I would definitely hope for Ravenclaw, but I may not be serious/studious/organized enough to be a true Ravenclaw.... The sorting hat may end up putting me in Gryffindor - which would be fine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure I am a Hufflepuff, married to a Gryffindor, three chilren:a Ravenclaw, a Slytherin and a Gryffindor.

    All of the houses get along well, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Double Paul Bettany AND Sean Biggerstaff!!!!

    I'm never ever ever ever leaving this blog page.

    I'm sorted into Ravenclaw, which I never really thought of as "my house" before, and then I did some work for the Harry Potter fandom and EA Games/WB, and the tekkies at EA Games sorted me into the blue corner.

    Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure...apart from double Paul Bettany and ice-cream of course!

    You rocketh, Steph. This deserves a plug on blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a kid, I was either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, but as an adult, I'm so Hufflepuff. Thanks for the fun post, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ravenclaw being sort of the geek house at Hogwarts, I have no doubt that the Sorting Hat would put me there in a microsecond.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a Ravenclaw as well. My husband is Gryffindor. And my cats (4 of whom are named after HP)... Bellatrix and Ally (the non-HP cat, obvs) are Slytherin all the way, Luna is Gryffindor, and Andromeda and Ginny are Hufflepuff. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is terribly apropos, because I'm at my parents', watching Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire with my sister. We both think we'd be Ravenclaws.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I go away for the weekend and come back to find myself linked on your blog. Happy days indeed!!

    I'm Gryffindor all the way and not only because Ronald and I are soul-mates. Okay, the other reason is so I can keep an eye on Hermione in the common room.

    Back away from the gingerlicious Ronald. That's it, nice and slow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely Hufflepuff. Though I've noticed a touch of Gryff the last couple of years. Love your blog. I followed you over from Donna's.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm Ravendor or Griffinclaw- something like that. :) On the other hand, my mom is a Hufflepuff, brother is a Griffindor, and my dad is DEFINITELY a Ravenclaw with me. My dog Simon is Griffindor, dog Steffie is a Hufflepuff, dog Stuart is a Ravenclaw, my cat Oreo is a Griffindor, and my brother's cat Blossom? She is the lone Slytherin. :D

    Oh, and I edited this because I thought that you should know I audibly, and unconsciously "mmmmm'd" at the pictures... Especially the cast one, or uh- HELLO PAUL BETTANY. :) And does anyone else think they should put the Hogwarts house names into the dictionary? It would take away my inherent fear of the red squiggly lines liberally sprinkled throughout this really long comment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you even sorted your pets. Hilarious. I think you and your husband probably have a lot of fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Between Neil Gaiman and Kiersten!!! Wow!

    I'm a Griffindor! Btw, Harry Potter wears the same tie that I wore in secondary school. Freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just found your blog...so happy for your upcoming book release! I've heard about it before, so that should bring smiles for you today!

    Love the open space on the bookshelf. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.