Weekly Status Update: Yes, there's a pulse!
For the love of Lennon, I'm tired. About one more week of crazy deadline no-sleep editing, and I'll be back here on a regular basis. Thank you for your patience!
This will be rather scattered . . .
• First of all, how awesome is the Internet? It took me, like, two seconds to find five pictures of John Lennon (the original HBM!) sleeping.
• How do we feel about capitalizing "Internet"? It used to be standard, but it seems to be falling out of practice. Not sure what to do about this, but it's been bothering the perfectionist in me for some time now. What do you think? Should I stop capitalizing it?
Okay, the important stuff . . .
• Belated, thrilled congratulations to the lovely Katie Anderson, who signed with an agent! She wrote a book about kissing, so you know I'm psyched about it. Also, huge congratulations to my new kt literary sister, Sara Raasch! (Sara, you will LOVE Agent Kate.)
• I had a day off last week, so I sneaked out to see Bright Star, the new film about John Keats and Fanny Brawne. And OHMYSTARS, you guys. THE KISSING!!! For serious, if you enjoy period films, add this to your must-watch list. The cinematography was some of the most beautiful, sumptuous work I've seen in years.
Check out the trailer to admire the pretty:
I have no idea what makes a tragic poet so deliciously appealing to women, but there you go. The stereotype lives on. Huzzah!
• An extra-special, humbled thanks to Sarah (a.k.a. Bookduck), who recently bestowed the Great Look Award on me. This is so flattering! Thank you, Sarah. Your blog is beautiful, too!
Incidentally, I find the timing of this award quite amusing, as I am — Can you keep a secret? — very, very, VERY close to the launch of a new website. Ha! And also . . . yay!
• I joined The Tenners. The Tenners is a Livejournal group of 2010 debut authors. You can read my bio here. (Note: I have a new, teaser description of Anna and the Boy Masterpiece there! Check it out!)
• I'm also on Goodreads now. I'd be honored if you became my friend, marked my novels to-read, etc etc etc. (I cannot list anything else, because I still haven't figured out the site. These things take time, which I do not have in abundance. BUT SOON.)
• Like I've mentioned, I've been thinking about fun posts for this blog, so please keep checking back. I feel especially bummed to be this busy right now, because I've had so many new commenters lately. I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to say hello. Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
• One final mention, for my fellow Ashe-villains: Jarrod's (non-Wizard) band, Lewis, is having a record release party for their second album, Revealing Secrets, at West Asheville's Rocket Club tomorrow (Friday, which — coincidence/Beatles nerd alert — would have been John Lennon's 69th birthday. And it's actually his son Sean Lennon's birthday, too! Sean will be 34). ANYWAY. It starts at 9:00 pm. We'd be honored if you came!
I hope everyone is having a fabulous October. *sniffs the air* Ahh. Don't you love autumn?