Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



5.08.2009

News, News, and More Cool News

To start things off on a happy note, giant huge congratulations are in order for two friends: Alexa (The Asheville Dilettante) just sold a short story, "Bad Matter," to the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. HUZZAH!! And L.K. Madigan just sold her second novel! And it's about MERMAIDS. Go Lisa!

In the oh-my-stars pleeeeeeease-be-true realm, did you hear the rumor that they're making a sequel to Clueless, in which our very favoritest '90s teen cast attends their high school reunion? (Thanks to the lovely Jane Austen Today for the head's up.) My fingers and toes are crossed that Hollywood makes. this. happen.


How great would Paul Rudd be? He's SO on a roll.


And in TV land, my favorite technicolor dream show, Pushing Daisies, has two good pieces of news! Um, no. It hasn't been resurrected.

BUT . . . starting May 30th (a Saturday, weird) the final three episodes will air, including a special ending which will help the series come to an effective close. YAAAAAY! And then it will continue --

In comic form! DC Comics is bringing back Ned, Chuck, Emerson, and Olive! Well, for at least twelve issues. They'll be fighting ZOMBIES this time, and creator Bryan Fuller is describing it as "The Pie-Maker versus 1,000 corpses." Sweet! And, obviously, I'd rather have more episodes or a movie (because of visuals like these):








but I'll take what I can get! I'm thrilled that fans (and Bryan Fuller) are fighting for these characters. If you've never watched the show, and you love romance and mystery and fairy tales and buildings shaped like cherry pies and matching outfits and detectives who knit, I highly highly highly recommend catching it on DVD. Season One is out now, and Season Two will be released this summer.

And speaking of shows in dire need of saving, tonight is the season finale of Dollhouse. It airs at 9:00/8:00 c, and if you have any inkling -- any at all -- that you might even CONSIDER watching this show in the future, please tune into FOX tonight! Once again, Joss Whedon is on the verge of cancellation.

THIS CANNOT HAPPEN. SAVE DOLLHOUSE!


Pleeeez save me.


Four more ways to help:

(1) Pre-order Season One (check!)

(2) Tweet to save Dollhouse (check!)

(3) Blog about it (check!)

(4) Email FOX to express your support for Season Two: askfox@fox.com


I haven't sent an email yet, so I'm off to do that now. Tune in tonight, everyone! (Even if, er, you just turn it on in the background. You don't even have to watch it. Though you should. Please! Just turn on your television.)

And have a wonderful, shiny, cookie-filled weekend.

12 comments:

  1. Yay to Alexa and L.K.! Always nice to hear happy publishing news:)

    Poor Dollhouse—Fox must hate Weadon or something, because they gave it a crap time slot to begin with. Arg. It's a really cool show. Must...save...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Pushing Daisies. I love it so. And yes, the Saturday episodes are very strange, but I'm so glad to have them back, even for a little while, that I don't mind. (the fact that they start on my birthday doesn't hurt, either...best present ever!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I wonder is--WHY BUY THE SHOW IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU ARE GOING TO THROW IT IN THE FRIDAY NIGHT GRAVEYARD, MESS UP THE FIRST FEW EPISODES, AND KILL IT BEFORE IT EVER HAS A CHANCE?!?

    Fox, really, what are you smoking?

    I can't even talk about Pushing Daisies. You think my all-caps Dollhouse rant is angry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Stephanie, thanks for the linky love!

    The mermaid book is actually the second book for my 2-book deal ... not a new sale, but my excitement level feels like it's new!

    And wow, congrats on having the Queen (Meg Cabot) linky-love to Natural/Artificial!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap, a Clueless sequel! Woooo! I hope they don't mess it up.

    Also, I'm still mad about Pushing Daisies being canceled. Good to know they're airing the final three episodes anyway. Time to fire up the DVR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pushing Daisies!! Yay, I'm so happy we're getting our final episodes.

    And, I mean, come on, they canceled Firefly just when it was getting good, are they seriously going to do that to Dollhouse too??

    WHY????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link, Stephanie!

    We just finished watching the season finale of Dollhouse and sent Fox an e-mail about how they cannot possibly break our hearts again.

    I love those stills from Pushing Daisies, especially the middle one! I'm excited to hear it's coming out as a comic, because I bet it will work really well in that medium.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Urk.

    Poor little shows... They are TOO YOUNG TO DIE.

    It is a TRAGEDY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How bizarro that you discussed my family's favorite show, PUSHING DAISIES?!!!

    As a rule, we used to go get pie OR cobbler every Wednesday and all settle in for what was happening at the Pie Hole. My kids STILL ask me about it. I am so excited!!!!

    And as I am typing this very comment I just glanced down and saw that MEG CABOT LINKED YOUR BLOG!!! NO WAY!!! I must go read!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Clueless sequel!!!!!!! I'm jumping around too much to read any more.

    sf

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man! I'd be all over a Clueless sequel. *crosses fingers that they don't botch the job* It is an idea with so much promise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Clueless sequel and zombies?!?!

    I mean, not together, although that would be awesome. But still. Gotta go squee.

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.