Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



5.25.2009

In Which I Return From LeakyCon Bearing Panda-Shaped Cups and Exhaustion

Just a quickie post while I recover my wits. I've spent the last several days in Boston indulging in amazing food, nerdy-awesome historical sites, antiquarian bookstores, and WIZARD ROCK.

In other words, yes. Jarrod and I went to LeakyCon! If you don't know what LeakyCon is, please allow John Green to briefly explain it in this video. You'll also hear my husband's band, Gred and Forge, playing "Ginny Gets Around" in the clip between Hank Green & Harry and the Potters. It's during the synchronized dancing bit:





But I shall have to wait to tell you more about this (and the panda-shaped cups) when my brain returns. In the meantime, I'll just say that our trip was very very very:


Jarrod's thumb agrees.


Also, I'm reading Jane Eyre right now for my Shameful Bookfest, and it's leaving me with a singular burning question:

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT ALL THE KISSING?


Seriously, I've never read a nineteenth century novel with so much liplock!

LOVE. IT.

6 comments:

  1. My new life's ambition: Go to LeakyCon.

    Re: Jane Eyre. It is FANTASTIC. I love that book--just wait till you get to the attic!!

    PS: Have you read The Eyre Affair by Jaspar Fforde? It's great to read those two back to back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did like Jane Eyre, despite my English teacher's attempts to suck the life out of it with boring symbolism and crap. 10 pts to the plain girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! I wish I could have gone to LeakyCon!

    And Steph-- If it's Princess Mia's favorite book, then you KNOW it has to be really really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE. This. POST! It's short, fascinating, has an ultra cool thumb photo and now I shall watch the video - which is bands I have never heard of or seen! YAY!!!!

    Thank you for this delish post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all Victorian romances need liplock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the video!

    And right now, I'm wishing I had never read Jane Eyre, so that I could be reading it for the first time. Don't you ever feel that way about some novels?

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.