Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



4.15.2009

In Which It Is My Humble Duty To Inform You...

that Cillian Murphy is in a short film called The Water, which can only be seen here for a week. (Though no doubt you'll find it elsewhere anyway.)




I'm generally not a fan of short films -- this one clocks in at fifteen minutes -- but that's probably because my exposure to them is so infrequent. But this is beautiful in a haunting, near-fairytale sort of way. And it features the lovely Feist, for extra coolness. I think it started as one of her music videos (for a song of the same name), but then got extended into something more.

But I wouldn't swear to that.

Also, here's a silly picture of Jarrod channeling his best Mr. Murphy.

Just because.


I love my husband! And that dude on the right.


In feature-length film news, Jarrod and I recently went with our cinema pals, Tai and Staci, to see Sunshine Cleaning. It was wonderful. We all agreed it was the best thing we'd seen in theaters so far this year.

Of course, there hasn't been much competition. (The first few months of releases in any year are bound to be lackluster, due to studios wanting to save their BIG PICTURES for the summer and their AWARD CONTENDERS for the winter.)




But Amy Adams? Emily Blunt? Alan Arkin?! Not to mention Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe on 24, Punch-Drunk Love) and Clifton Collins Jr. (Capote, Traffic).

It's being advertised as the new Little Miss Sunshine, but that's a bit inaccurate. Rather than a dark comedy, it's more of a drama with dark comedic moments. It's about two sisters who start a business that cleans up crime scenes. Any more and I'd spoil the fun. But if you like your movies on the dark side, I recommend it.

Also, Emily Blunt has blue streaks in her hair.


I'm just saying.


In other, far belated non-cinema news, this was my favorite April Fool's joke this year.

And to -- belatedly -- answer Katie's question from my comments regarding Twitter ("Okay now Perk, do you like it? I haven't caved yet. It seems like a waste of time to me."):

OHMYSTARS! Twitter is SO ADDICTING. I want to hug it and kiss it and marry it and change my name to Twiphanie Twerkins! I. LOVE. TWITTER! EEEKKKK!!!


Cough cough. Follow me here, if you wish.

Also . . . a major huge gigantic but humbled thanks to the soon-to-be-published author of The Body Finder, Kimberly Derting, for the blog award! I'm so honored. Thank you!




That is all. Hope you're having a swell day.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh! I wanted to see Sunshine Cleaning, but I kept my dad company and saw DRAGONBALL E with him instead. (just saying the name makes me giggle) It was a very relaxing movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I woudl see emily with blue hair - kewl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twiphanie?! NO WAY! Should I become Twatie Twanderson?? What on earth is so fun about it?

    And what are you squeeling about on Facebook? Did you sell your book? Did you? Did you?? I have put my first page in the miss snark contest and it has been so fun this week! Go read it. misssnarksfirstvictim.blogspot.com

    I'm number FOUR.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. I'm starting to feel the pressure. You have kewl blue streaks. Emily Blunt has kewl blue streaks. Kate is making appointment to get kewl streaks.

    I am such a sucker for peer pressure, when it is hair streak related.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Kevin Drew of Broken Social Scene has branched out into directing! And Cillian is so easy on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.