Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



1.12.2009

I. Have. NEWS.

Okay. So I know there are more mature, respectable ways of announcing this. But mature and respectable?

That's not how I roll.

I should PROBABLY say something like, "I am pleased to announce that today I accepted an offer of representation from Kate Schafer Testerman."

And then I'd play you a midi recording of Pachelbel's Canon in D, and we'd all pseudo-shake hands, and you'd toast me with a glass of virtual bubbly.

But.

BUT.

OHMYFREAKINGGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT YOU GUYS?????????

I HAVE AN AGENT!!!!!!

I. Stephanie Perkins. HAVE AN AGENT!

ME!

An agent! And ME!

I HAVE AN AGENT!!!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Pardon me while I jump up and down on your feet and scream loudly in your ear.

(AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Stomp stomp stomp.)

Mind if I give you a hug? Because I am TOTALLY hugging everyone today.

(HUGGGGG!!!!)

What about a unicorn and a rainbow? Would you be opposed to a picture of a unicorn and a rainbow? Because this is TOTALLY the kind of occasion that deserves a unicorn and a rainbow.




I am SO that unicorn. Look how awesome I am! Look how all the forest creatures love me!!!

And you know WHY they love me?????

I HAVE AN AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Okay. Maybe they just want my magical horn. I've heard it's great for weight loss and natural male enhancement.)

Anyway.

Yes! The rumors are true! The rumors that I just started! Today I accepted representation from the super-cool, super-smart, super-fun Kate Schafer Testerman, aka Daphne Unfeasible, of kt literary.

And I'm so happy that I'm babbling and talking about natural male enhancement when I REALLY want to be running down the street in my pajamas and a hot pink feather boa, screaming at the top of my lungs, and causing all the neighborhood dogs to bark in glorious symphony.

Because Kate is that awesome.

And I'll tell you more later, but I'm going back to my celebrations. Which basically means I'm going to bed, because I stayed up until 3 am last night working on the NEW NOVEL and then tonight I ate my weight in fancy French cuisine.

So I'll leave you with one more picture. Because the only thing better than fireworks and unicorns?

Oh yeah.

A Hot British Man. (It's been too long, hasn't it?)



(The HBM wishes to congratulate Mindi Scott who ALSO accepted an agent's representation today! YAY MINDI!)

34 comments:

  1. ☆Congratulations!!☆
    Fireworks, unicorns, HBM, all very excellent ways of celebrating. I'm absolutely thrilled for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! *raises a glass of virtual bubbly*

    and

    *claps solemnly*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipppeee! I'm so happy for you. I love Kate's blog! I bet she'll be amazing to work with!

    You look incredible--all flashed out it your unicorn loveliness!

    And, seriously, you can't go wrong with a Hot British Man at any time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay yay yay yay! Yippee yippee yippee! I am so HAPPY for you! And, happy for the YA-reading world, that they are one BIG step closer to getting to read your book! YAYYYYYYYYYY! Go, Kate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie!!! OH MY GOSH! That is so very, very exciting! And with Daphne Unfeasible! I know you know how awesome Kate is (obviously) but that's a big deal! Exclamation points! LOUD NOISES! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, Stephanie. Do you recall how at the conference when we met, I thought we were very similar? I mean, really. I could tick off a HUGE list of things we have in common.

    So, how completely crazy and fitting is it that we both accepted representation on the same day? The same day! WOW! :-D

    Congratulations to you! I am so very, very excited! You are amazing.

    Agents and congratulations from HBM. Isn't 2009 starting out swell?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! Totally unicorn and rainbow worthy news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's wonderful! Congratulations, Stephanie (and Kate)!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Wow. Wow! I am smiling so big my face hurts. That is the most awesome news . . . and like Laini said, awesome for the YA world. That means I'm going to get to read a book of yours! That I pick up from the bookstore shelf! And then I'm going to be able to go around to everyone in the store and say, "I totally know her." And they'll say, "How?" And I'll say, "I once complimented her on her cool red shoes." And they'll say, "OMG!!! What did she say?" And I'll say, "She said, 'thank you." And then they'll fall to the floor in a dead faint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo hoo! We're agency sisters! Unicorns and cute shoes all around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodie! Another agency sis, here! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome Stephanie - (I know just how you feel - I signed with Kate in November - YAY!) and thanks for the hot british guy AND the unicorn / fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A) Congratulations. B) What a freaking awesome blog. C) Goodness, that IS a nice addition to my day. I should considering dosing myself with British Hottiness on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elise, I just have to say that your comment here cracked me up. HIGH-larious! :)

    J

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo-Hoo! That's awesome, Stephanie!! Kara shared your news with me, so I had to come out of my subtle stalking and congratulate you! Or really, I should be congratulating Kate, I guess. She's the lucky one in all of this, right?

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  17. WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Hip, hip, hip hooray.

    On a day when I am soooo under the weather, this was such a nice spot of sunshine in my day...like for a minute I could actually breath through my nose and felt like doing a high kick, followed by a toe touch. Yow, yow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! I follow Kate's blog and she rocks. All the best with your career as a 'real' writer!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwww, thanks for all the nice comments, everyone! It means so much to me to have your support & encouragement.

    (And hi, Jen! It's so good to see you here! How crazy is it that Kara is about to pop ANY SECOND NOW?)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Popping in from Kiersten's blog. And I have to say, this is one of the coolest "agent announcements" I've read. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, and awesome blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  22. YAY FOR YOU!

    And thanks for making me smile and laugh. A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stephanie, that is FANTASTIC! I would do a little jog for you, but it's early here, and I haven't finished my first cup of coffee. But I swear I will jig madly when you announce your book sale - which should be soon!

    CONGRATS!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Okay - I found your blog today via Laini's blog and I must say it cheered me right up - you are as cute as a button!!!!!! I have found myself excited for you too! And I loved the image of you running down the street with your boa - haha!

    Hopefully I can post that same announcement soon! We'll see - Fingers are crossed :-)

    Katie
    www.plotthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is possibly the best "I've got an agent" announcement I've EVER read! Cracked me up!!!

    Congrats, it's a HUGE accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Er ... JIG.

    Not jog.

    (Grande caramel macchiato now being infused ...)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats! Just visiting from Kiersten's blog. What great news! And you're hilarious. Definitely an occasion for unicorns.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dude, that is so awesome!! I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations...you deserve it! Can't wait to read your book.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay! Congratulations, Stephanie. I'd say unicorns and fireworks are definitely warranted! Jeremy and I are so happy for you! Another exclamation point for good measure: !

    ReplyDelete
  30. Followed a link here from another blog so please excuse a total stranger offering congratulations, but...congratulations! Your entry is almost identical to mine a month ago when I got representation. OHMYFREAKINGGOD!!!!! really sums that feeling up, doesn't it, haha.
    Very best wishes with your career.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Stephanie, I saw your link on Katie and Sarah Frances' blog and came over to take a peek. You have a very fun blog - but WOWZA - you have an agent as of two days ago and it's KATE!!! I met her a year ago at SCBWI LA - she was great and SO nice! I subbed to her and she was very encouraging, but this past September I signed with Tracey Adams - who was on the same agent panel with Kate in LA. Weird, eh?

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! It gets even better when she sells your book for you! Like I didn't have to tell YOU that!

    In November Tracey sold me a three-book deal to Scholastic and I'm still flying and dancing around the house.

    Can't wait to hear about your NEXT big book news! (We also know some of the same people, like Laini and lkmadigan, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Johoooo! (as we say in Norwegian)

    That is just absolutely unicornely rainbowely fantastic. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  33. YAY!!!! Go prance around in your unicorn-ness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. EEEEEEEEEE! I am SO excited for you! I cannot wait to read your book! YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.