Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



10.03.2008

Nick & Norah, Novel & Film



Woo hoo! Anyone else excited about Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist?

The release today definitely calls for a break from revisions. I'm a big, big fan of the novel. Rachel Cohn and David Levithan wrote such a funny, intelligent, sexy book, and I'm thrilled it's coming to the big screen. Kat Dennings looks to be a perfect snarky Norah, and Michael Cera? Hello? Made of awesome!


Awesome.



Rachel is one of my favorite YA authors. Her Gingerbread series rocks so hard that I die a little bit from jealousy every time I read it. It's SO smart. The characters actually grow and change in each one -- a surprisingly rare occurence in sequels -- and, of course, there is a Hot Boy. (I have previously expressed my Shrimp-love on my Top Ten Hottest Hotties of Literature list. Oh yeah. Hottest hotties.)


But back to the movie. Which, I hope, will be as fabulous as the book. Which, I should warn, is not for those easily offended by a certain word that rhymes with "muck."


Hint: It's not "truck." Or "duck."


I think in the picture at the top of this post, Norah is wearing the Salvatore jacket! So cool! Can you imagine how thrilling it must be for an author to see one of those weird little details she created actually EXIST in real life? If I were Rachel or David, I'd be as excited about Salvatore as anything else.


And how great is this? I just read on Rachel's blog that the two authors have cameos! They are "the couple sitting behind Michael Cera and Kat Dennings in the Veselka scene."



Look for them!



One of my deepest deepest desires is that someday, if the universe loves me, I'll visit the set of a movie based off one of MY novels . I geek out about film almost as much as I geek out about literature, so if this were to happen, there is a 87.9% chance I'd actually EXPLODE from happiness.


And I totally want to explode. You know, from happiness.


Not a bomb.


(Happiness > Bombs)


Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I was going to see this on Friday because it was my birthday. But my novel got in the way. Now I don't know when I'll have time!

    I have to admit, I love Michael Cera, but I've been skeptical of whether he can be my Nick. From the previews I've seen, I suspect he won't be. I've been preparing myself for a long time, so I won't be too disappointed either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you go? Did you go? I've been thinking about it since Friday. It will require a special trip for me to see, not too many movie options where I live.

    I tagged ya...again...so sorry...but it's a writerly tag...play if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was cleaning up email and saw a blog comment alert that you gave me a blog star! Thanks! I saw Nick and Nora at the Toronto Film Festival complete with Where's Fluffy posters everywhere. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Min -- He worked for me, but I had a more definite Norah in my head than Nick! (And Kat was a perfect Norah.)

    Jolie -- I liked it! 3/5 stars. Cute but nothing life-changing. (And the book is better, of course.) And thanks for the tag! Revisions are *almost* done, so hopefully I can play soon :)

    Jenny -- Yay, thanks for stopping by! Yeah, I remember the Where's Fluffy posters from your blog! What a cute ad campagin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the movie *yet* (fingers crossed for this weekend!) and the book has grown on me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! Ooh! I know the word you're talking about! It's pluck!

    Sorry, still stuck on eyebrows. But I really want to see this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are clueless as to how dieing I am to see that movie, and not just because it has Micheal Cera in it. ;)
    I've never actually heard of the book until now. I must read it! TO THE LIBRARY!

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.