Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



10.11.2008

In Which I Do It (not "it" it, perv)


Brain . . . dead . . .

but it's done.

Revisions. Are. Done.

(Can I say that one more time?)

REVISIONS ARE DONE!!!

Well, you know, kind of done.


Today I mailed and hand-delivered copies to my super-fab feedback crew, and I have a week off. (Before I revise again.) Not that I won't be writing this week. I will definitely be writing. But I won't be writing THAT.

I can't think straight to be clever. Though I do have a good cannibal joke:

Why don't cannibals eat clowns?
Because they taste funny.


Will be back soon with regularly scheduled blog. With regularly scheduled life. With regularly scheduled sleep.

Sleep is awesome. It reminds me of this book:



Which is also awesome.

And I'd talk about it more -- give a detailed, pie chart presentation of said Awesomeness -- were I not so much like the guy in the background of this:



I am going to sleep now.

Zzz.

11 comments:

  1. May I be the first to wish you a warm FREAKIN' CONGRATS! I envy you as I'm drowning in my own dull words. Oddly enough, last night I was awake until the morning writing tons a quirky prompts I figured I could use to make my novel more interesting.
    Revisions bug me...garsh.
    By the way, from what film are those pictures from? All I see is Simon Pegg. Hmm...Hot Fuzz? That's a FUNNY movie. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, jehsyka!! It means so much to me to have fabulous people like yourself cheering me on! And congratulations to YOU for working so hard. How far along are you?

    The movie is Shaun of the Dead which, in my humble opinion, is EVEN BETTER than Hot Fuzz. The tagline for the film was, "A Smash Hit Romantic Comedy. With Zombies." So how can you go wrong? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Steph!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to read your novel. I know it will be fabulous. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeee-Yeee-YOW! You did it, you did it, you did it! Must feel so flippin' good. I'm thrilled for you and inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay!!!! I am so excited for you and proud of you!! My zombie friend, get some much deserved sleep. Oh, I love Banana Yoshimoto's Kitchen. That is where my appreciation for katsudon started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot woot! And I must now go watch Shaun of the Dead in celebration of YOUR EDITS. Because that movie cracks me up and you crack me up, so it seems fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to add my "YAY!" to the bunch. You just did something really awesome. Hooray for non-zombie Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mega congrats! Oh, that must feel wonderful.
    Also, how much do I love you for using SotD pictures? A whole frakking lot, that's how much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, shucks. Thanks everyone. Your support means so much to me!! It's amazing knowing I have such fantastic people cheering me on. It keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for you! Laini made it sound like such a fun read too. I'm really hoping to find my novel in the mess I keep writing, but the thing keeps changing on me. And it keeps changing for the better, but . . . Anyway, congratulations! Sleep is good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, myrna!! Letting it change IS better, when it comes to writing. Good luck with the rest of your draft!

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.