Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



9.23.2008

Nineteen Questions That Have Nothing to Do With Anything

This picture of my husband kissing a Giant Prairie Dog has nothing to do with the questions either. But it's cute.


I should be doing one of the following right now:


(A) Revisions -- Yes. Still.

or

(B) My promised 1995 vs. 2008 Sense & Sensibility Smackdown.


But . . . I've been tagged! And this is way more fun.


1. What are your nicknames?
T-Bone, Killah Dillah, Pudge, Skanky McSkank-a-lot, and Iron Steph. Except totally not.

2. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?
When I was in third grade, I bought a VHS copy of Edward Scissorhands because I knew there was a beautiful man underneath all that makeup. And guess what?

I was SO right.




(Hey, speaking of Johnny -- did you hear the rumor he might be the new Riddler? How cool would THAT be?)

3. What is your favorite scent?
New paper (just like Hermione Granger)

4. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to?
Westminster Abbey. That place is mad haunted, yo.




5. Do you trust easily?
What an odd question!

6. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?
I'm pretty obsessive (I know -- you'd NEVER guess this about me, right?), so I'm a thinker. Except when it comes to speaking, and then I'm known for my verbal diarrhea. Conversational gaps make me nervous.

7. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
I found out my Hot Mexican Boyfriend is having a baby. And it's not mine.


HOW COULD YOU GAEL???


8. Do you have a good body image?
I resemble an albino praying mantis, but some people think that's hot.




9. What is your favorite fruit?
Cherry. Preferably in pie form.Preferably made by the man on the right in this photograph:




10. What websites do you visit daily?
ALL OF THEM.

11. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?
Ooo, my new necklace! It arrived in a pretty little box yesterday. I put it on immediately and haven't taken it off since. It was made by Liz, this fabulous blogger, and you can check out her etsy shop here! (Her work makes me wish my ears were still pierced.)




12. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
Elise is a SUPERHERO (as evidenced here).

13. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
Probably something embarrassing. I think it was Europe's "The Final Countdown" aka GOB's theme song.


Doo doo do doooo. Doo doo do do dooo.


14. What's your favorite item of clothing?
My sweatshop-free pseudo-Chucks. I don't leave home without 'em. No Sweat Apparel is AWESOME -- when you buy from them, they mail you a list of the wages and benefits their workers were paid for making your shoes! I'd like to see NIKE do that.

(Nike, if you weren't aware, owns Converse, so Chuck Taylors haven't been American-made in years. I actually know someone who lost their job when the plant closed & went overseas.)


15. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?
The cereal? No. But the treats? Marshmallows and butter make everything better.

17. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?
Helloooo Amazon.com. Books, books, books.

18. What items could you not go without during the day?
A) Air
B) Water
C) Pajamas

19. What should you be doing right now?
Um . . . that thing . . . what's it called?

REVISIONS.

Which I better, you know, go do. Right now.


Okay, I'm supposed to tag eight people, but that feels excessive & I think 99% of the writers I know have already been tagged. So I'm just going to drop a few names. Play along if you like, but no pressure Amber, Asheville Dilettante, Gretchen, Jolie, Laini, and Mindi!

8 comments:

  1. I'll right! I'm in. It's my first blogger tag and seems fitting since I was never one of those kids who could get myself to safety before being touched.

    Hope today's revision were swift and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally going to do this! I like memes that involve rice krispies.
    Also, did you hear the Johnny Depp is confirmed to be the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland? That is what I like to call a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh ooh ooh! Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter and the Riddler? Double feature at the drive in? Can I buy tickets now please?

    Mmmm. Must... stop... panting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I'm happy as a clam to hear how much you like the necklace :D Yay!

    Also, GOB'S theme song is now stuck in my head...thanks for that :)

    cheers,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim Burton is doing Alice in Wonderland???

    Stephanie faints.

    And also to Carrie & Gretchen -- Did you hear yesterday they announced a fourth Pirates? With no Will Turner or Elizabeth Swan, so YAY! (I *do* like the characters, but think they've overstayed their welcome.)

    Jolie -- Oh my god, I know. I am like the worst player of Tag in history.

    Liz -- I don't just like it, I LOVE it. Thank you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi
    hello
    how was your day?
    i liked your blog
    you are fantastic!!!

    really nice blog
    fabulous fantastic
    bye
    take care
    see you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! You tagged me! :-)

    I actually did a very similar version of this meme. (Except, instead of answering all the questions, I was allowed to make up my own questions.)

    http://mindiscott.livejournal.com/78773.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Chuck Taylors! I gotta look into those NoSweat versions.

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.