Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



9.15.2008

"I Love Your Blog" Award


Lookie! Someone loves me!

Wow. Thank you, Laini, for the "I Love Your Blog" award! What a fantastic way to start off a week. I'm all jittery and dance-y inside.

You know what this calls for, right? (Of course you do.)

A Hot British Man!


Jude Law: Skeezy nanny-banger or HBM? (Both.)


So now I get to name seven of my favorite blogs. Fun! Here's how this tag works:

1) Add the logo of the award to your blog.

2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (as shown above).

3) Nominate at least seven other blogs.

4) Add links to those blogs on your blog.

5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.


Tra la la! Here we go.



The Lifetime Achievement Blog -- ljc fyi

I have to mention Jenny's first, because I've been reading it the longest. I've never met her or spoken with her or had any contact other than the occasional "Heh dude. I like yer blog" comment I've left behind, but well . . . I like her blog! It's been updated daily since 2000 (think about that) with photographs of pugs, scooters, crafts, gardening, and Cute Items Found at Wegman's.



The New (To Me) Blog -- Gretch-a-Sketch

How cool is Gretchen? She likes Neko Case, Jim Halpert, and pie. She had me at "I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why I haven't been reading your blog since the beginning of time, basically." Oh yeah. Flattery gets you everywhere. Right back at you, Gretchen!



The how much do I #$!#@&* love this person? Blog -- Mad About Old Movies

Deb is pretty much the coolest person in the world. Or at least Canada. She's been hanging out at the Toronto International Film Festival (um, can I die of jealousy now?) and was awesome enough to snap this photo of JIM STURGESS for me. Hee hee. We'll have to take her word on it, but that does look like a nice head of sufficiently mussed hair. (And she makes truffles and drinks gourmet tea, so I think we can trust her.)



The Local Blog -- The Asheville Dilettante

An Asheville librarian with colorful hair streaks who likes cooking and weird factoids and children's novels and gardening and Run Lola Run? WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME I HAVE ANOTHER BLOG???



The Obsession Blog -- Jane Austen Today

There are a lot of great Austen blogs, but this one is hands-down my favorite. It's an exploration of Jane in the modern-day media. Which means there are a lot of pictures of HBM in breeches and cravats.

(Not to mention, it brought my attention to the above picture, which makes me giggle to no end.)



The Escape + Research Blog -- Paris Daily Photo

I'm a longtime fan of PDP. Eric's posts are warm and funny, and his photography is always breathtaking. It's a welcome escape from work, even if only for a moment.

So it was weird for me when suddenly I found myself writing a book set in Paris, and his blog became one of my most valuable research tools! (And I say suddenly, because I swear, I had nothing to do with it. It just happened. It dropped out of the sky and into my lap and I went, "Huh? We're writing about this now? Are you sure?").

In other words, my escape from work became work itself! But if looking at gorgeous pictures of Paris is research, than I'm in the right business.



The First Click of the Day Blog -- Laini Taylor

I'm not sure if it's kosher to give an award back to the person who gave you the award, but how could I not? If you like books and faeries and brightly colored rooms and talons and baby animals and cupcakes and backyard boxing rings (wait, what?), then this is your place. She's an AMAZING writer -- if you haven't read Blackbringer yet, do do do! -- and I'm honored to be her friend.

Plus, she has hot pink hair.

Hold on . . . what's this??? A BONUS AWARD??



The It Saved My Butt Blog -- Not for Robots

Double the Laini!! It's more like a series of essays than a blog, but the simple fact is this. I have learned more practical writing advice here than from ANY book. Unique and detailed and encouraging, she gives the kind of wisdom I wish I'd had years ago. Thank you for saving my tired, weary, frustrated self (again and again and again).

Oh.

And for SCIENTIFIC PURPOSES, I need to post another picture stolen from Deb's blog. You know, so we can compare the hair in the sketchy picture above with this crisp, clear photo below. Does it look the same?




WHO CARES? It's Jim Sturgess! And he doesn't boink nannies, so he comes guilt-free.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting Jane Austen Today in such good company. Love the photo of your "slackers."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks from me, too! How have I lived my life without knowing about the Paris Daily Photo blog?

    I posted an addition to your collection of HBMs on my blog today. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, thank you muchly!And as a bonus, I've added most of the blogs to my reader. Yay!
    Um, so Jude Law's personal habits aside, that man has got sexy brooding down to an art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how long it took me to follow my comments back to this post! Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.