Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



7.24.2008

In Which I Post Many Pictures of Mr. Darcy and Talk of Nothing In Particular

Ooo, I am so good at avoiding things!

Like -- and this is A PURELY HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE -- revisions. If I had revisions to do (cough cough), I am confident that I would be Most Excellent at ignoring them.

Instead I might . . . Google pictures of Mr. Darcy. Perhaps.





Or look at these funny pictures of tourists holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa/doing Tai chi.

Or search for images of Mr. Darcy. Maybe.




Or learn how to segment citrus or make pan sauce (and eight other essential kitchen techniques!).

Or look for photos of Mr. Darcy. Possibly.




Or read this beautiful book and decide to learn all about Nobel Peace Prize winner Wangari Maathai and the Green Belt Movement.

And when I'm done with that I might . . .

Well. You know.




But this is all hypothetical.

No evidence to support this whatsoever.

Not a thing.


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Silly girl. Now you simply must watch "Spooks." No getting around it. Beginning with Mr. Darcy, continuing on through Captain Wentworth, and now introducing Mr. Thornton. Who knew the British secret services were so filled with Jane Austen and Elizabeth Gaskell men?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So basically you are saying "Spooks" is the GREATEST TELEVISION SHOW OF ALL TIME.

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.