Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



7.11.2008

GaspShudderMoanWail (Sob Sob Sob)


What. Did they DO. To EDWARD???

Please tell me they are kidding. Please please say this is a bad joke. How could this happen? What was that conversation??


EW employee #1: [copy of Twilight in hand] "Hmm . . . he's beautiful . . . cold marble skin . . . sparkles in the sunlight . . . crap, a makeup job like that could take all afternoon!"

EW employee #2: "Yeah, and my daughter's softball game starts in fifteen minutes."

EW employee #1: "Okay, think. Vampires are pale right? What do we have around here that could make his skin pale?"

EW employee #2: "I have half a bag of all-purpose flour."

EW employee #1: "PERFECT! Just make sure he unbuttons his shirt before throwing it on. It's gotta look sexy."


In much less scary cinematic news, a bunch of new pictures for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince were just released. Yay! Check them out here. I LOVE this one:




And how awesome is Hellboy II going to be tonight? Woo hoo! I'm happy it's getting such great reviews. Rotten Tomatoes has a nice interview with Guillermo del Toro here (in which he also discusses plans for The Hobbit, as well as here, where even more fanboy-esque Middle Earth questions are answered).




And I just read that Doug Jones (Abe) also played both the faun AND the pale man in Pan's Labyrinth. Which totally makes sense, but I never would have realized it. Cool!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Oh, you made me laugh out loud at the coffee shop and now people are looking at me weird.

    Flour. Ick. I thick they could have at least thrown in some glitter glue and a good overhead light.

    My daughters LOVE Luna Lovegood. They named their kitten after her (the boy one - go figure). I'll have to show them the pics.

    Must write. Must write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA!! Glitter glue. Snort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God, I thought of you when I saw that cover of EW. Yuck. I'm really trying to be open about the movie but the actors aren't what I picture in my head for Bella & Edward. And, Guillermo del Toro is so awesome! He spoke at his screening of Pan's Labyrinth at TIFF and he's hilarious and fun! Oh, and he encourages people to e-mail him because he is always looking for random people to appear in his films.

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.