Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



5.18.2008

Lewis @ The Orange Peel 5/17/08



For the second weekend in a row, I got to see an amazing rock show. And this one was even better because it was my husband Jarrod's band, Lewis! Playing at THE ORANGE PEEL! For those of you who don't live in the Asheville area, The Orange Peel is only the coooolest club in town. And we aren't the only ones who think so - Rolling Stone recently named them one of the top five venues in the COUNTRY.

So. This was an awesome honor.

Lewis sounded AMAZING. Leslie and I totally got to be groupies, and it was SO MUCH FUN. Perhaps I'm a wee biased, but the turnout was great and the crowd had a blast. There was such a positive feeling in the air.

The night also featured my favorite new Jarrod drumming moment: Rocking out so hard his glasses flew off. That's nerd hardcore, dude.

We were happy to have so many of our friends join us, including the fabulous Brian and Kelly, who came up from Atlanta (yay!). Kelly took some great pictures:


Matt & Jarrod


Matt, Jarrod, & Jeff


Jarrod & Matt


Tyler, Matt, & Jeff('s hand)


Jarrod & Matt


Aren't they cute? Yeah. Not only are they incredible musicians, they're also way hot. I'm totally lucky.

If you missed the show, check out their MySpace. My favorite songs are "A Tear" and "Say Goodbye." Hope we see you there next time!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I checked out their MySpace page and dug their songs -- cool! I then went to eMusic (where I have an account) and there's some other band with the same name! WTF?! Do you know if there're plans to get their tunes on eMusic anytime soon?

    SO cool that they're playing at such a hot location & I wish them continued success. Do you ever become their tamborine or triangle gal on stage? That'd be a lot of fun, eh?

    Later!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! We're totally groupies...hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute! :P I would love to see footage of Jarrod's glasses flying off! The image in my mind is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.