Stephanie Perkins Blog About Stephanie Books On Writing News Extras



11.10.2007

Knitting Basket Explosion



As you may or may not have noticed from the icon in my sidebar, I'm participating in NaNoWriMo. Naturally, I'm doing everything I can to avoid actually working on said novel. So today, the first day of a golden opportunity - A THREE DAY WEEKEND, I am washing laundry, cleaning the litter box, emailing people I haven't spoken to in years, and making new to-do lists.

Why not post on my blog, too?

Last night, I heard Mr. Tumnus trying to get into his box. His box is this pathetic, dented piece of cardboard that holds his various accessories and accoutrement -- food, litter, toys -- and every time I hear him digging, I know he's looking for one thing.

Mice.

Too bad he keeps pushing his toy mice underneath our china cabinet. Every few days, Jarrod and I have to crawl on our knees and use a random poking device (my favorite = the yardstick) to pull out his stupid toys from underneath it. And slowly we dole them back out, one by one, until they are all under the cabinet again. Repeat. Repeat again.

So when all of the mice are gone (like last night) and I don't feel like scrounging for lost toys (like last night), I bring out the next best thing. The ball of yarn. You know, something to distract him while the rest of us sleep.

Well. This is what I woke up to this morning.


It started in the kitchen (even Pip looks nervous, poor thing):





Then it snaked into the dining room and wound itself around the chairs:





Made a mad dash out of the dining room:




And rolled around the corner & into the bathroom:




SOMEONE had fun last night. Hmph.



2 comments:

  1. That is seriously crazy that your cat could get the yarn that tangled up!! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Mr. Tumnus! It looks like he went wild with Silly String! Hmmm, I wonder what he would do if you started spraying that stuff around... Oh, and the last shot of him, he kind of looks like a mouse himself (in the nicest possible way)!

    ReplyDelete

 


2009 Stephanie Perkins. All rights reserved.